Review by frowngoclownfish -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
frowngoclownfish
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Favorite Book: Speaker for the Dead
Currently Reading: Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard: the Hammer of Thor
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frowngoclownfish.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S
fav_author_id: 2909

Review by frowngoclownfish -- The Unbound Soul

Post by frowngoclownfish » 07 Mar 2019, 16:15

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unbound Soul is a spiritual book by Richard L. Haight. The book follows the author, from childhood to adulthood, on his journey of spiritual awakening. Although the book mostly shares experiences from the author’s life and journey, it can be used as a guide for others looking for an awakening of their own.

This book consists of 24 chapters, broken down into four parts. Part 1, sort of a memoir, gives the reader insight into the author’s boyhood and the dream that lead to the start of his spiritual journey. The following parts are the guide to one's awakening. These parts give the reader all the information they may need for their own journey. The information ranges from exercising regularly to making changes to one’s eating habits. Not all aspects of the journey are as easy as going on a daily walk, sadly. Some of the more complicated information includes how to meditate properly.

The thing I liked best about the book was the author, Mr. Haight, and the way he wrote his book. He came across as a very relatable and friendly person. I didn’t feel inferior while reading. I was very comfortable like I was reading a book a close friend of mine had written. The language and style of writing in this book were pretty easy to understand.

Chapter 11 – Frequencies of Mind and Conscious, is the only thing I didn’t like about The Unbound Soul. Without giving too much away, the author introduces a number system for frequencies during this section of the book. It was the only part of the book that left me confused, and I believe it is because I didn’t understand that system. Even after rereading the chapter a few times, I was still unable to grasp the concept and learn from it.

I wouldn’t say this book helped me reach or start my own spiritual awakening, but it did give me a fresh new outlook on subjects like prayer and meditation. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It wasn’t too difficult to understand or follow. The subject matter was quite interesting, as well. I found myself calling my mother a lot just to read her parts of the book I found inspiring or intriguing. This book would be best suited for someone who is lost and looking for spiritual guidance. I would also recommend this book to readers interested in a new outlook on religion.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like frowngoclownfish's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”