Review by Sandra K Pearson -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Sandra K Pearson
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 8
Currently Reading: Obsidian Son
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-k-pearson.html
Latest Review: The Immigrant's Lament by Mois benarroch

Review by Sandra K Pearson -- The Unbound Soul

Post by Sandra K Pearson » 06 Mar 2019, 21:32

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight is a guide meant to help readers on a path to spiritual enlightenment. There are four major parts to this book, the first being the author's personal story, and what drove him to write his book. The second, describing the path to enlightenment. Next is about caring for the mind and body. The last part described the soul and spirit. Throughout the book you are given tips on diet, exercise, and a few meditation techniques.

Haight aims to teach people about spiritual enlightenment. He tells of his own path, and gives examples of what he felt throughout his own life, and his thought process for handling those experiences. The book explains how these experiences affected his life and what he did to make them beneficial.

There was not anything about this book I didn’t like. The beginning was particularly inviting, and dismissed any uneasiness I had about reading the book, only because this is a new subject for me. It was not preachy, something I was worried about considering the subject. Haight only tells about his experiences for the benefit of others. It never felt like he was trying to force me to believe anything. He has led an interesting life and my curiosity kept me engaged.

If the subject of spirituality is new to you this is a great place to start. As long as you keep an open mind, there is so much you can take away from the book. It gives you tools you can use to improve yourself. These teachings can be beneficial to anyone no matter their religious beliefs.

The Unbound Soul can be a great way to get to know yourself because of the way you have to look in to your mind to resolve your problems. This book is not for people who tend to be closed-minded, while reading it is critical to keep an open mind. For those who take the time to understand what they are reading, this book can be extremely beneficial. Haight’s aim is not to change your beliefs, only to help, as he states “People often confuse my teachings as being a belief-system. But what I am teaching comes out of direct experience and is expressed merely to help others set aside their biases, assumptions, and beliefs so that they can experience life more directly for themselves. “I rate this book a well deserved 4 out of 4 stars. There were no noticeable grammar mistakes. The book had a great message for anyone with an open mind. I would recommend this book to anyone, aside from those unwilling to look past their own traditional beliefs.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Sandra K Pearson's review? Post a comment saying so!
" Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen. "

-Orhan Pamuk

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”