Review by Ehartl -- Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ehartl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ehartl.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare

Review by Ehartl -- Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Ehartl »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Happy Healing" by Dominique Bourlet.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

How much would your life improve if you could heal your body of any physical ailments through positive thought? This is the question Dominique Bourlet explores in his non-fiction book Happy Healing: 8 Magic Steps to Relieve Physical Pain and Discomfort. This book is a guide to recognizing pain for what it is - your body telling you that something has gone wrong. Pain does not exist to make you miserable, but rather to make you aware that the body is not working properly and needs to be fixed. Once pain is recognized for what it is, anyone can use the Happy Healing method to rid the body of pain and, it is suggested, the ailment that caused it.

The overall message of this book is sound. For decades, positive thought has been shown to improve individuals lives across all walks of life. The idea is that if you think positively, positive things will happen. Personally, I am a firm believer in this notion because I have seen it play out in my life. Positive thought will allow you to problem solve in a different way, creating positive outcomes in the end. Bourlet takes this idea one step further and applies it to the medical field. Emotional healing is just as powerful as physical healing. In some cases, when you heal the mental state, you also heal the physical state. This is the basis for Bourlet’s Happy Healing method.

I really liked the structure of the book. The information provided is divided into two parts. The first part of the book explains how Bourlet developed the Happy Healing method, while the second part explains the process itself and how to implement it. This structure was straight-forward and easy to understand. Also, the book is set up in such as way that the reader can either skip parts that do not apply to them or go back to parts that resonate. This makes the book a great reference to go back to easily when needed.

The only aspect of the book I did not like was that Bourlet wrote the book in such a way as to make it sound like the Happy Healing method will heal the body with no need for medical attention or medicine. Without common sense, this could create dangerous situations for some. For example, individuals with cancer cannot use Happy Healing to solve the problem at its core; only medical treatment can do that. However, Happy Healing can help these individuals manage their pain. I felt that this distinction was not clear enough in the book.

Overall, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. This book has a great message of positivity and love that most of us overlook in our daily lives. It teaches us how to manage our pain, chronic or not, in a positive way. However, the Happy Healing method cannot be used as a cure-all for any ailment, which unfortunately I felt was not made clear enough. It is not a substitute for medical treatment, but a supplement. I recommend this book to anyone interested in alternative medicine or the idea that positive thinking creates positive results. However, if you believe strongly in the power of traditional medicine, this book may not be for you.

Happy Healing
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ehartl's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”