Review by AllaKeryhn -- The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
AllaKeryhn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allakeryhn.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Review by AllaKeryhn -- The Unbound Soul

Post by AllaKeryhn » 04 Mar 2019, 23:59

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Unbound Soul by Richard Haight is an invaluable tool for those looking to further their spiritual journey, are looking into self betterment, or just searching for an alternative when the idea of structured religion does not provide solace.

I actually stumbled across this book by accident when trying to find a non-fiction book that would temporarily satiate my mind’s desire for new knowledge (and probably a good problem to mull over). By the title, it seemed like it must be a fluffy fiction book, but I could not have possibly been any more mistaken. The description of the book drew me in and a pleasant surprise awaited, surpassing any preconceived expectations I had mustered about the book.

The book is a hybrid of relatable biographical anecdotes and informational guide on the mind and spirit, and matters related. It is split up into 4 distinctive, flowing parts. The book also includes a helpful glossary to help you apply and digest the material more fully. It is also incredibly well proofread and the grammar is pristine.

The story ultimately begins with Haight's childhood and a heavily symbolic dream about Jesus Christ that was a catalyst in Haight's journey through life and his spiritual unfoldment. For just a chapter at the beginning of the book, it almost lost me due to the mystical feel of the content. It had a feel that it was deviating too far from believable reality with the prophetic dreams and another vision had by Haight. It feels worth mentioning that I do not believe Haight is embellishing his story, however, and that the parts that may feel at first like they deviate a little too much from present reality actually opens up the reader to question things a bit; the validity of the book, your reality, and thus opening you up further to keep reading and questioning and learning – a little added bonus to the book. After the first section, the other 3 parts of the book are full of applicable information for being aware of the mind, identifications, the higher self, energies and how these things relate to one another and what he refers to as “Isness” or what you might refer to as the universe. Haight impressively and seamlessly weaves biblical anecdotes from the Bible and applies them in a way that helps elaborate on the subject. He also writes about the soul's unique possible experiences after death and reincarnation and what it means to become a part of " Isness." The book ends with an inspiring call to action to awaken your soul and enter into what is truly unconditioned love.

What I enjoyed most about this book was the amount of truly useful and transformative information. The only thing I didn’t like while reading the book was a few chapters felt like they needed more elaboration. This book will help you generate many questions about yourself and existence, in good way. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars, many times over. If you are reading the digital version of this book, you will wish you had a hard copy! I recommend this to anyone. Like I said before, this book is an invaluable tool for working on the self and any person would be able to find value in reading it.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like AllaKeryhn's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”