Official Review: The Moral Vacuum by Martyn Gabe

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Official Review: The Moral Vacuum by Martyn Gabe

Post by lesler »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Moral Vacuum" by Martyn Gabe.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book The Moral Vacuum by Martyn Gabe is an in-depth look at the corruption of today's society, from descriptions of the United States prison system to the debates over the legalization of marijuana. The author argues how the terror attacks on the United States on September 11, 2001, has proved that it was a pre-planned event by the government and provides evidence that multiple businessmen used it as an opportunity to make money.

This book differs from others that I have read that deny the existence of the 9/11 plane attacks altogether, but rather that the government knew about the unfolding events ahead of time, and did nothing to stop the events. These are explosive claims, but the author backs up the claims with careful and believable research. Mr. Gabe claims to write from a non-partisan angle, but it appears that he leans slightly to the left in his political beliefs at times.

I enjoyed this book, as it was well written with material easy to understand and read with voracity. He carefully organizes his range of topics, which made for clear and concise reading. The book confused me at times, as he switched back and forth between the Metric and Imperial system of measurement when explaining specific numbers and distances, which I did not care for. I would have preferred the author stick to one system. There were a few grammatical and spelling errors throughout the book, but they did not distract from the writing.

One part of the book that the author did well was to give irrefutable evidence in the fact that the mainstream media and top government officials from different countries in the world knew about specific disasters before they happened, such as the stock market crash of 2008. Curious, I researched the author's claims myself in the form of news broadcasts and found the author was correct in his writings. I also liked how Mr. Gabe described how the technological era that we live in today is depleting our general humanity, which I agree with fully, and have been noticing for years.

I give The Moral Vacuum 3 out of 4 stars, for being well written, organized, and presented. I took off a star because of the confusion in the switching between measurement systems, as it is a big part of the book. I recommend this book for academics interested in seeking to understand the origins and consequences of American foreign policy with respect to today's global policies.

The Moral Vacuum
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like lesler's review? Post a comment saying so!
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

The author seems to make some serious accusations in this read about the state involvement in pre-panned attacks and the giant business took advantage of that situation. A political reads as such should maintain its standards which is of utmost importance. Thank you for you're review!
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

I love how bold the author is in writing this type of book which involved politics. It's kind of reminded me of the book 'The Pelican Brief' by John Grisham. Should the researches made by this author to be truly accurate, I hope the author won't get assassinated for knowing too much. (Oh no, I'm overthinking about this. Damn it! I can't help but write this).

I appreciate your effort in doing extra research for this book. Thank you so much for being meticulous.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

I do have to admit, while I am not typically interested in political books this one does catch my attention. Conspiracy theories interest me a little bit, but I think I would find most of this book beyond my ability to pay attention to. Thanks for the great review.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Ruba Abu Ali
Currently Reading: Notes on a Nervous Planet
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruba-abu-ali.html
Latest Review: Grammar for a Full Life: How the Ways We Shape a Sentence Can Limit or Enlarge Us by Lawrence Weinstein

Post by Ruba Abu Ali »

This is an eye-catcher and a serious read. It's worth looking into the author's claims and judging whether they're substantiated. I appreciate the extra research you've done. Thanks for the thorough review.
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Post by joshfee77 »

Sounds like an interesting and thought-provoking book! From delving into much of the available online information about the 9/11 attacks, I too believe the US government knew about them ahead of time but intentionally let them happen in order to justify the "war on terror" and military presence in Afghanistan. War is big business for the US, worth trillions of dollars, and if you think powerful men won't do anything it takes - no matter how heinous - to continue to expand their own money and power, you might need to reevaluate your perception of human nature. Cynical? Perhaps. Accurate? Definitely. Thanks for your review.
Alicia09
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia09.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Alicia09 »

I like the fact that this author has backed up their claims with real evidence, because this shows the time and effort they took to research different issues like the 911 attacks and the stock market crash in 2008. I would be curious to read this just to see the detailed evidence they used to back up their claims. As for the detrimental effects that the internet is having on our society, I can wholeheartedly agree that this is happening because I see how numerous people around me are affected by social media and the internet in general. It is not good. I would like to read this just for an interesting perspective on the downfall of society while being able to read the real evidence that proves the claims are true. Thanks for the review!
:character-ariel:

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”