Official Review: Boss Bitch: A Simple 12-Step Plan to Tak...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Re: Official Review: Boss Bitch: A Simple 12-Step Plan to Tak...

Post by gen_g »

Ginnamassa19 wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 10:40 This sounds like a really interesting read even if you aren't planning to start a business! I really like that the author gives sassy, well-written and well-thought-out advice--the book sounds like am incredibly solid one and from your review, it definitely seems worth picking up. Thank you for your thorough and well-written critique, it was very helpful! :)
Indeed, I learnt a lot from this book! Thanks for your kind comments! (:
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Sounds like an exciting book. I hope to pick it up soon, thanks to your insightful review.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
gen_g
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Cotwani wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 11:21 Sounds like an exciting book. I hope to pick it up soon, thanks to your insightful review.
Thank you for your kind comments! If you do decide to, I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I did. (:
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

I'm glad to hear the author presented useful advice, holding nothing back. It certainly does sound like a kickstarter for entrepreneurs. Thanks for the great review!
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

SABRADLEY wrote: 16 Jun 2018, 16:40 I'm glad to hear the author presented useful advice, holding nothing back. It certainly does sound like a kickstarter for entrepreneurs. Thanks for the great review!
Thanks for your kind comments! I appreciate it a lot.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 378
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Keys to Healthy Communication by Bobby R Patton,Rusalyn H Andrews and Jennifer Page Daily
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

Thanks for a great review. I can relate to the self-doubt others have expressed. This book does sound empowering and full of practical tips, such as the one about the elevator pitch. I take it the author is reclaiming the word bitch. Yet despite much progress, misogyny and glass ceilings haven't really gone anywhere. Does she address such issues at all?
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 04:03 Thanks for a great review. I can relate to the self-doubt others have expressed. This book does sound empowering and full of practical tips, such as the one about the elevator pitch. I take it the author is reclaiming the word bitch. Yet despite much progress, misogyny and glass ceilings haven't really gone anywhere. Does she address such issues at all?
No she doesn’t, which is somewhat a pity. However I can somewhat understand as her main focus is giving the reader a comprehensive overview of setting up one’s own business and to have a stable psychological state to handle the rigours of being self-employed. Thanks for your kind comments!
DancingLady
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dancinglady.html
Latest Review: Believe What You Want To Believe by Alicia Kristine and George Williams

Post by DancingLady »

I would never think of salary negotiation. Honestly, I feel so grateful that someone would hire me to do anything at all that to ask more than being allowed to work and buy my own food seems so greedy. It's a great review, but I sure don't relate.
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

DancingLady wrote: 17 Jun 2018, 13:16 I would never think of salary negotiation. Honestly, I feel so grateful that someone would hire me to do anything at all that to ask more than being allowed to work and buy my own food seems so greedy. It's a great review, but I sure don't relate.
I totally understand! It’s not easy to broach this topic at all, since people might think one greedy. I suppose that’s why Lapin mentions that it is important to learn how to value our own worth. It’s definitely not an easy hurdle. However, thank you for taking the time to read and leave kind comments on my review! 😄
liftedbooks
Currently Reading: The Ansgar Treasury
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liftedbooks.html
Latest Review: The Embalmer by Vincent Zandri

Post by liftedbooks »

I really enjoyed your review. This is not my kind of book, but I will recommend it to others who might be interested.
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

liftedbooks wrote: 18 Jun 2018, 10:14 I really enjoyed your review. This is not my kind of book, but I will recommend it to others who might be interested.
Thank you for your kind comments, I appreciate it!
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This is definitely a book that I would like to read and analyze for any possible benefits. Thank you for your splendid review.
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

crediblereading2 wrote: 19 Jun 2018, 10:57 This is definitely a book that I would like to read and analyze for any possible benefits. Thank you for your splendid review.
Thank you for your kind comments! I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I did.
alisonedgee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alisonedgee.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by alisonedgee »

great review, i love books like this. strong independent women and all that. i read girl boss a few years ago and it reminds me of that loads, i look forward to finding this one.
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

alisonedgee wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 07:13 great review, i love books like this. strong independent women and all that. i read girl boss a few years ago and it reminds me of that loads, i look forward to finding this one.
Thank you for your kind comments! I hope you enjoy it if you pick it up.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”