Official Review: Ironclad Clay Part 2 by Mark Wright

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Official Review: Ironclad Clay Part 2 by Mark Wright

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ironclad Clay Part 2" by Mark Wright.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book, Ironclad-Clay Part 2, is written by Mark Wright in a first and second person perspective. The title of this book refers to a spiritual armor worn to protect our bodies from spiritual battles. The word Clay refers to our bodies which were created from clay according to the Bible. This book is a real life experience of how Mark struggled to protect himself from turmoil that threatened his faith and well-being.

This book is a narrative of Mark’s life with his late wife, Melody, a lady he first met in high school. They married, got saved and joined ministry. Life became promising for them as their auto parts business flourished within the first 15 years. Unfortunately, this was short-lived and life started going down-hill. The business became a source of debt and Melody got addicted to alcohol. The addiction was a side effect of gastric bypass surgery which she underwent because she was uncomfortable with her weight. Mark rose to pastorate but the first lady of his church, Melody, let him down by failing to portray the good qualities of a first lady. Melody became suicidal and got locked up behind bars for drunk driving. His church members got to know about his wife’s predicament. Failed attempts at suicide got Melody admitted into a psychiatric hospital. Who will save Mark from the suicidal path his wife is dragging him to? Mark finds himself willingly traveling down this path with her and considers cutting the rope. Mark chose to separate from Melody, a move which is not a good example from a pastor. Should Mark resign as a pastor?

What I like about this book is that Mark shares with us the experiences in life that people take lightly without knowing what those who live with the victims go through. In his case, he narrates how his life was, living with an alcoholic and suicidal wife. This book is relatable as we either live or interact with addicts in one way or another. I learned that with God there is guidance for whatever situation. All we need to do is ask and listen for the answer. I also learned that our problem might seem big to us but when we get to know what other people are facing, we will realize that ours is small. I never imagined that a pastor could have problems of such magnitude with their spouse. I like the fact that the author admits that spouses of pastors need prayers from the church members. We should not assume that things are good for them. I commend the author, who is known in his church as Pastor Mark, for the stand he took in his spiritual battle.

What I did not like about this book was the feeling of abandonment during the last hours of Melody’s life. It tore through my heart. It is unfortunate that things turned out the way they did and it would only be fair that nobody is blamed for it. I will not reveal more than this so that you may read the book to find out what happened.

The mistakes in this book are so minor that they can be overlooked. The formatting of this book was well done with a flowing narration that made it an easy read. I cannot deny the author the highest rating of 4 out of 4 stars for this book. I have no reason to rate it lower. This is a very touching inspirational book that is meant to pass a message to the readers to help them in their day to day life.

I recommend this book to all adults. They will benefit a lot from it when it comes to matters of marriage, business, Bible ministry, faith in God, addiction and psychology. We need to know how not to give up in life, and share with others what we have learned.

Ironclad Clay Part 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Rosemary Okoko's review? Post a comment saying so!
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

This book tackles an unspoken issue and does it with grace. Men of the cloth are just as human as anyone else and anyone is prone to trial.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I think this is a book I'd like to read. My husband was in the ministry at one time. It's definitely not as easy as you'd think. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
sketel190
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sketel190 »

I will love to read this book it's quite interesting and motivating. The author really gave his best.
Adedola
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Adedola »

Interesting! I just joined this platform and I'm glad I got to read your review. I'm a Christian and I'm looking out for books to read. This is definitely going on my shelf. Thank you!
bunihizi
Currently Reading: Ironclad Clay Part 2
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bunihizi.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by bunihizi »

God's armour

ironclad-clay part 2 by Mark Wright

This book is really good for born agains at any level of growth in Christ Jesus and increases there faith by knowing that they can overcome challenges if they take hid in the word just like pastor Mark.

Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. (Ephesians 6:11)KJV version
:techie-studyinggray:
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

I am happy to read your kind comments regarding the review. I encourage all of you to read this book. I was greatly touched by the turn out of events. Thank you.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

All of us are flawed humans. Those who serve in Ministry have the added pressure of being "the good example." I am eager to read Pastor Mark's story.

Thank you for sharing your learnings, Rosemary Okoko.
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Thank you Miriam Molina for agreeing with me. This is a must read and i hope you will learn a lot from Pastor Mark's experience.
Gunnar Ohberg
Currently Reading: The Nix
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gunnar-ohberg.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Gunnar Ohberg »

Might have to pass. Melody sounds like someone who needed a lot of help and wasn't given it. It's hard for me to empathize with Mark when really it is his wife who needs and deserves the most empathy. Abandoning her seems like a poor choice after so many years, and by your review (calling her his "late wife") it sounds like things did not work out well.
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Thank you Gunnar Ohberg for reading the review and sharing your comments. Melody went through a lot but i think Pastor Mark too. He really tried his best.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”