Review of Power Glass

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anna_Hernandez
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: American Dirt
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-hernandez.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Re: Review of Power Glass

Post by Anna_Hernandez »

They say, 'Never judge a book by its cover,' and I would never have guessed from the cover that this would be such an emotional read. This is definitely not the book for me, but it's right up the alley of one of my students. She enjoys powerful stories about women, and this book sounds exactly like that. Thank you for a thorough review that warns readers about the explicit content within the book. Great review!
Wayne Njoroge
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Dark Web Murders
Currently Reading: Bloody Redemption
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wayne-njoroge.html
Latest Review: Because He Loved Us by Sharon Williams

Post by Wayne Njoroge »

Power Glass is an intriguing non fiction novel that explores the power and fragility of people as a result of life experiences.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

Katherine Cooper has faced quite a lot. However, I'm glad that she found healing and is bold enough to tell he story to the word. It's an inspiration. Congratulations to the author on winning book of the day. Well-deserved!
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Surabhi Rani »

'Official Review: Power Glass: Personal Essays' by Katherine Cooper well reflects on the contents of the book for sincere readers. It sheds light on the important parts of the book for readers. The point that the author listed and explained the falsehoods peddled by society about female engineers and women, in general, is worth mentioning in the review. Also, the point that the author included quotes from famous people that would offer readers something to meditate on as they're reading, as mentioned in the review, is remarkable for readers. It was great to learn that the book was very informative as it contains the details of how a woman's body works and how to not let the discrimination of society against females weigh us down!
Emily Meadows
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-meadows.html
Latest Review: Forever Young by Karma Wiederrick

Post by Emily Meadows »

This seems like an interesting book on power and the imbalance of power told by a woman engineer. Congratulations to the author on BOTD!
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by MMcB »

I enjoyed the beginning thoughts in this book. *Power Glass* by Katherine Cooper starts out speaking about power and it seems like there would be a plethora of information that could instill self-confidence into the reader. I hope that is true as I do want to read this book.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

Katherine seems to have gone through a great deal but she survived and became a stronger person which is what the book entails. The book portrays the struggles women faced in different aspects of life which the author portrayed. This book will take readers on a rollercoaster ride of emotions.
lilianchikasi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilianchikasi.html
Latest Review: From A Whore to a Whousewife by Felicia Cobbs

Post by lilianchikasi »

I find this book very informative, touching and inspiring. It must not have been easy sharing this story, but the author expressed her feelings in a way that is touching and admirable. This is a really inspiring book.
Pauline Parnell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Beyond the Clouds, the Sky is Blue
Bookshelf Size: 517
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pauline-parnell.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Pauline Parnell »

Women from all spheres of life should read Power Glass. Any illusions concerning sexism and rape were dispelled by the author. Sadly, women aren't able to support one another as they should. I hope that as an assault survivor, she finds recovery. Thanks for your review.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

Thank you for this beautiful and informative review. Rape is a hard topic to write about. You did a great job on this review.
Adriana79
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Adriana79 »

I really liked this story narrated by a young woman about her first sexual experience and she tells us about her feelings in detail as she was just a teenager, there was a discrepancy in some pages with the story, but very good, congratulations to the author.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 586
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 56%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

"Power Glass" by Katherine Cooper is a 4-chapter non-fiction 170-page book about power and fragility. The first chapter explicitly details of her rape assault. The second chapter narrates her steps in healing from the assault. While she had a successful career in the nuclear engineering sector. She was very disappointed in the support she received from women after her assault and the push-back she received from the engineering world that was still a men's sector. The third chapter discussed sexism and rape culture while the final chapter focused on recovering from assault, the impact on families and how Katherine survived her assault. Very good review.
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

It is not easy being a victim of such trauma and still making your way out the other end and writing a book about it. For that, I commend the author. Thank you for the great review.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

Rape is a devastating experience for women. Sadly, sometimes the rapist doesn't get the punishment he deserves. I'm happy that the author was compensated with justice. Great review.
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

Indeed this book is quite informative. I would like to know how the author dealt with her situation, what she faced as a female engineer and the truth behind the morning-after pill. Good review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”