Review of Greta GarBITCH

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Review of Greta GarBITCH

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Greta GarBITCH" by Kimber Leigh.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Greta Gar Bitch: A true story of life loss light and love by Kimber Leigh is the author's story of how she went from an abused child to a successful woman by seeing the Light of God. The last time Kimber remembered being happy was when she was three years old and got a pair of tap dancing shoes. Her mother was young and overwhelmed with two children by the time she was 16, and her father was never home because he had to work three jobs to support them. At the age of five, Kimber finds herself standing outside barefoot in the snow, illuminated in a light, feeling unconditional love and energy. The Light shows her the pain and loss she will face in life and her future as a flight attendant and actress. Read this book and follow Kimber as she takes you on her journey to find happiness and overcome the memories of her abuse as a child.

Kimber Leigh has done a fantastic job writing this book in terms that are easy to understand. Each chapter begins with a quote and ends with words of encouragement in bold print and capitalized letters. My favorite quote was, "When one realizes that his life is worthless, he either commits suicide or travels," by Edward Dahlberg. The first thought that came to my mind about this quote was that not everyone could afford to travel, but then I decided it could be something as simple as taking a walk out in nature that could save your life. My favorite chapter ending was, "In Life It Is Better To Give Than To Receive." The last 30 pages of the book are blank for you to rewrite your life story by completing a 30-day life challenge. This book gave me a lot to think about in my own life. So many people would be better off if they realized that the best way to help themselves is to help someone else. Although Kimber gives God credit for the changes in her life, she does not come across as preachy. She clarifies that you can know the Light through God, the universe, your highest self, or whatever you believe in.

The lack of professional editing was the only negative aspect of this book. It has several missing commas, misspelled words, and grammatical errors that a professional editor would have found. I felt sad for Kimber with her experience with an uncaring and unemotional priest, which was different from what I have ever experienced. However, many priests are different from those I have known, so this is not a flaw in the book.

I would have given this book a perfect rating if it had not been for the number of errors. Unfortunately, I have to give it 4 out of 5 stars. There is no reason to deduct any more stars because I enjoyed reading Kimber's story.

I recommend this book to mature audiences who enjoy reading about nonfiction success stories based on a person's belief in a higher power, regardless if they believe in God or some other entity, the universe, or whatever else they may believe in. Atheists may not enjoy this book if they do not tolerate any books about God. If you have triggers from reading about child abuse, suicide, alcoholism, drug and sex addictions, or abandonment, you may want to avoid this book.

Greta GarBITCH
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Gregory Hayles
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Gregory Hayles »

she had to do what she thought she had to do
Raza Soomro

Post by Raza Soomro »

Kimber's stories lovers if they can find this book i think it was a great gift for them writer having good idea when i deeply read this book i saw She has chosed the costly words costly sentences nice thinking i like your book to read again and again
Last edited by Raza Soomro on 05 Feb 2023, 03:10, edited 2 times in total.
mostafa115

Post by mostafa115 »

Hello, I really liked and enjoyed the smooth text and the beautiful story of this novel. This novel was in such a way that I felt that it tells the story of a person's life and it is real. and each chapter complements the previous chapters and very beautifully deals with one aspect of the character's personality
AllTooWell
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alltoowell.html
Latest Review: Unlight by Chandra Shekhar

Post by AllTooWell »

Kimber Leigh seems like an inspiring person and extremely brave to tell her story. I am eager to read more about their story.
Kemzy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Kemzy5 »

I will love to read this book so I can know more about Kimber Leigh. I appreciate her zeal to share her story. Wonderful review.
Shedrack A
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shedrack-a.html
Latest Review: The Kurrus Khronicles by J. S. Lowman

Post by Shedrack A »

In Greta Gar Bitch: A true story of life loss light and love by Kimber Leigh, the writer takes you along on her journey to find happiness and overcome the memories of her abuse as a child.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”