Review of If you want to be rich, don't work for money

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ozioma Miriam
Currently Reading: The Love Charm
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ozioma-miriam.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of If you want to be rich, don't work for money

Post by Ozioma Miriam »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "If you want to be rich, don't work for money" by David O..]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Money is not real. Does that surprise you? That's how surprised I was when I read it. If you want to be rich, don't work for money was written by David O. At first, the idea sounded ridiculous to me, but gradually it started to make sense.

Do you know that there are habits that could stop you from making money? According to this book, there are about seven of them. The first habit mentioned in the book was about resenting wealthy people. The author said that when you resent wealthy people, then it's their wealth you don't like. So how can you get wealthy when you dislike wealth? Another was if you often told people how broke you were. This was said to be bad because it could stop people from engaging in business deals with you. This is because of the image you portrayed. The remaining five were listed in the book. Would you like to read them?

The ideas in this book were weird, but they were also interesting and educational. There was this one on the law of attraction, and how it was applied to attract money. It was likened to the law of gravity. We were described as magnets. Our attraction was said to be more like a mental image. So for it to be real, we were told to attract what we were on the same level as. Now, how was this principle applied to making money? I will leave you to find out.

What I liked most about this book were the easy and simple explanations. The author did well to break down complex ideas into easily understood parts. I liked the illustration that he used to describe how the central bank creates money. What I didn't like about this book was that there seemed to be some form of repetition. Some of the explanations in the book seemed to arrive at the same idea. Some readers might find it boring. There were also some ideas in the book that I did not quite agree with.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I found no errors. It was exceptionally well-edited. Everything about the book, from the title to the content, was unique. The title caught my attention. The content was very different from what I expected, but I found it interesting. Except for teaching people how to make money, the book had other lessons to teach its readers. I recommend it to those who are looking for a guide on how to get rich and remain rich. I also recommend it to those who are rich. This is because it will refresh their mind on how to maintain their status.

If you want to be rich, don't work for money
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Paully_
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paully.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by Paully_ »

Just the name of book is enough to arouse my curiosity. I would love to read about the author's insight on these subject matter. Lovely review.
Ozioma Miriam

Post by Ozioma Miriam »

Paully_ wrote: 03 Jul 2022, 20:53 Just the name of book is enough to arouse my curiosity. I would love to read about the author's insight on these subject matter. Lovely review.
Thanks. When you get to find out the ideas in the book, you would be pleasantly surprised.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

I don't have to read this for me to understand what it has to say. In clear terms, the poor work for money, while the rich make money work for them. So it means that when you work for money, you are a slave to money but when money works for you, money becomes your slave. I love your review as your review gave insights into this book. Even though I know what it's talking about, I will love to read it.
Nedim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedim.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Nedim »

One of the hardest truths ever has been outlined as the title of this book. But that is the truth. If you want to be rich, you don't have to work for money but let money work for you. And this is what your review points at in summary.
Ozioma Miriam

Post by Ozioma Miriam »

Nedim wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 23:49 I don't have to read this for me to understand what it has to say. In clear terms, the poor work for money, while the rich make money work for them. So it means that when you work for money, you are a slave to money but when money works for you, money becomes your slave. I love your review as your review gave insights into this book. Even though I know what it's talking about, I will love to read it.
Your understanding was great. But you'll learn more when you read the book. Thanks for commenting.
Sumto Nii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumto-nii.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Sumto Nii »

The money is not real part got me so deep. Also, it is a universally known fact that a person cannot attract what he/she resents. If you resent wealthy people, you would never be wealthy.
Harry Torsney
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-torsney.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Harry Torsney »

The title of the book said it all. This book try to teach the reader how to work smart not work hard. A great review. Kudos!

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”