Review of Life Change Events

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emmanuel Okotie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-okotie.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Review of Life Change Events

Post by Emmanuel Okotie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Life Change Events" by Philip Richter Young.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Life Change Events by Philip Richter Young is a non-fiction book that is based on a true-life story and a series of events that happened in the life of Philip Richter Young. The author shares his life story and the spiritual encounters he experienced. The author also exposed us to the reality of God's existence and his faith in Jesus Christ. The author started by telling us about himself and then went on to narrate two unique events that occurred in his life while he was in college. In this book, the author also narrates his experiences with friends, family, God and how he built his relationship with God.

I enjoyed the author's narration of each event that happened in his life. I could easily relate to the events because of the author's style of writing. The author was quite practical in his narration. I learned some lessons from this book. I also loved how the author started by telling us about himself and then went on to narrate his story. This made it easier for me to understand the events and helped me feel the emotions the writer was trying to convey through each narration. I also loved the fact that the author was able to establish that God did exist, as well as Satan. Philip Richter Young also communicated his confidence in God and also encouraged us to stand firm, trusting God in all aspects of our lives. The author further explained that God loves every one of His children and has a special plan and purpose for each one of them.

However, I struggled with comprehending some of the statements and texts in this book. This is because the book contained numerous typographical and grammatical errors. Because of these errors, I did not enjoy reading this book. I often got distracted and had to read some statements repeatedly to make sense of them. This made reading this book very tedious, difficult and confusing. I would suggest that this book be thoroughly edited to avoid its readers being distracted or confused because of these errors. Aside from the typographical and grammatical errors, I do not have any other complaints about this book.

There were lots of lessons I learned from this book. However, I would rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. This is because of the numerous typographical and grammatical errors I observed while reading this book. These errors were many. I had to read some texts repeatedly to understand what the author was trying to communicate. This made me struggle while reading this book. Because of these errors, I often got confused and frustrated in trying to make sense of some of the author's statements.

I would recommend this book to people who would love to know more about God's plan for their lives. Since the book narrates some difficult situations experienced by the author and how he came out of them, I would also recommend this book to people who are going through some difficult situations in their lives. I would also recommend this book to people struggling with their relationship with God.

Life Change Events
View: on Bookshelves
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

One thing I've come to place so much value on is the review if books. This is because it gives me an idea of what book I may enjoy and subsequently add them to my to read list. Another Christian book worthy of my time
sayoniwrites
Currently Reading: The Scarlet Letter
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sayoniwrites.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by sayoniwrites »

Thanks for the review. I was debating whether to pick this book or not. Your review helped me with my decision. Thanks again for the wonderful review.
Hue-Morningstar
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hue-morningstar.html
Latest Review: Jesus, Prosperity Gospel and Poverty in Africa by Elijah Oladimeji
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Hue-Morningstar »

Honestly speaking, thanks for the early warning. I will not disturb myself to take a look to this book. Great review.
That_reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reader.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Post by That_reader »

The matters discussed in the book are very interesting and inspiring. I love learning from practical examples. The errors would make reading it difficult :cry:
Thank you!
Last edited by That_reader on 27 May 2022, 02:12, edited 1 time in total.
Juliette1812
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliette1812.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Juliette1812 »

I hate to read books with a lot of error, disturbs the flow. Thanks for the warning.
Nice review, by the way.
Christiana Ude
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christiana-ude.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Christiana Ude »

A book I would love to read as you recommended it for those that would want to know more about God's plan for their lives, my own drawback would be that it contains a lot of errors.
Thank you for this review.
Stephen Ogunwale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeyemi-stephen.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Stephen Ogunwale »

I made a decision already in regards to reading this book. Your review did a whole lot in helping me achieve that. Thanks
Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaerys. 🦅⚓🖤
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

This book is something I would have loved to read as it talks about God, but the presence of errors is quite discouraging. Thanks for the honest review.
Vivian Agenms
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by Vivian Agenms »

Thanks for the heads up about the typos and grammatical errors I'll still read this book because it a true life story.
Sumto Nii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumto-nii.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Sumto Nii »

There was a time I was in the author's shoes and doubted the existence of God. But overtime, I have come to be a believer in God. This is a great book.
ometanoghenetejiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ometanoghenetejiri.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by ometanoghenetejiri »

Books with numerous typographical and grammatical errors can be very distracting and tiresome to read. although this book seems amazing, but I would pass on this one. Good job in your review. It was candid.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”