Review of Mr T Wears a White Hat

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emmanuel Okotie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-okotie.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Review of Mr T Wears a White Hat

Post by Emmanuel Okotie »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Mr T Wears a White Hat" by Dawn Sheppard.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Mr T Wears a White Hat by Dawn Sheppard is a non-fiction book that talks about the author's experience and revelations. This book is filled with a series of journals written by the author. In these journals, the author narrates her insights and revelations. The author also shared her most traumatic psychological storm during her childhood and how she was able to overcome it during her lifetime. In this book, Dawn Sheppard described her thoughts, the contents of her dream journal and her exponential increase in psychological wealth and wholeness.

This book was quite informative as it shared the author's traumatic psychological experience as a victim of sexual abuse and how she was able to gradually recover from the trauma while growing up. The author's psychological trauma opened my eyes to the fact that sexual abuse is indeed common in the world out there. I also got to understand that children are almost always the victims of sexual abuse.

However, there are a lot of things I did not like about this book. One such example is the author's style of narration of her dreams and revelations. I often felt lost and disconnected from the text while reading. The author made use of abstracts and often digressed from the subject matter. I found it very difficult to relate to this book. I had a hard time comprehending some of the dreams and revelations shared by the author. I also noticed that some of the texts were not properly arranged in this book. While reading this book, I also noticed that it contained lots of grammatical and typographical errors. These errors often distracted me as I had to read texts repeatedly to make sense of them. I would suggest that this book be thoroughly edited to prevent its readers from being distracted by such typographical and grammatical errors.

I would rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. This is because the author's style of narration is ambiguous and difficult to relate to. I had a difficult time comprehending some of the revelations and often felt lost while reading this book. I also observed several typographical and grammatical errors in this book. These errors often distracted me and made reading the book laborious and frustrating.

I would recommend this book to people that have, at one point in their lives, been victims of sexual abuse and also to people that have friends or relatives that have been victims of sexual abuse. However, because of the author's style of writing, I would recommend this book to people with mature minds.

Mr T Wears a White Hat
View: on Bookshelves
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

An honest review. This is an exceptionally written review that gives every reader a proper information about what to expect. Well done.
Vivian Amponsah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Vivian Amponsah »

This book informs and teaches a lot about life lessons. Even though the review states some errors, the message and the theme was clear. Honestly and good review.
Olamide Ogunrayi
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olamide-ogunrayi.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by Olamide Ogunrayi »

Oh. I don't like feeling lost when I'm reading something. Though if it's intriguing, yes, but lost no. Thanks for giving an honest review on this. I know what to look for now.
nwankwo chibuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-chibuchi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by nwankwo chibuchi »

A lot of readers can definitely learn from the author's methods of defeating his psychological trauma. This seems like a refreshing book to read. You delivered an impeccable review. Well done.
That_reader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-that-reader.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Post by That_reader »

This book seems like it would be worth the read, you described it well. I appreciate the heads up concerning the errors and ambiguity that would have been annoying to experience first hand. A lovely review.
Christiana Ude
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christiana-ude.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Christiana Ude »

Reading a book with so many errors can be stressful. Your review of the book is top notch.
Stephen Ogunwale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeyemi-stephen.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Stephen Ogunwale »

What an informative book, though laced with some errors as the reviewer has suggested, I should still give it a try. Thanks
Valar Morghulis, Valar Dohaerys. 🦅⚓🖤
Judy46
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judy46.html
Latest Review: The First Time Father by Alfie Thomas

Post by Judy46 »

Memoirs are not really for me but the style of a journal intrigues me. I would check this out. Great review.
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

I appreciate your honest review. With the review written I can tell that the book is quite informative. However I don't find this book intriguing enough to read it. Thanks for the review.
Kehinde Hussein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehinde-hussein.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Kehinde Hussein »

Wow. This book encompasses a lot about psychology which I find fascinating and emotional. I would definitely give this a try.
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

I wish the author would arrange her dreams and revelation well and edit it properly for readers' enjoyability. I believe it would be a good read.
Oluwapelumi Rachael
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwapelumi-rachael.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Oluwapelumi Rachael »

Nice review. It's sad that the author had to experience such trauma. But on the brighter side, I like that she was strong enough to survive and move past it.
ometanoghenetejiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ometanoghenetejiri.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by ometanoghenetejiri »

Victims of sexual abuse would gain a lot from this book I presume, after reading your review. However, i cannot read this book because of the ambiguous writing style of the author. Thank you for the insightful review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”