Official Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 607
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 58%

Re: Official Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by mrlefty0706 »

Bluewater Walkabout is about the trip that Tina and her husband took with their two teen boys and their two friends sailing through some of the most treacherous waters around Africa. Having been to Africa I can relate to this story since I know there are safe places and very dangerous places in Africa. This was a very interesting and thrilling story about Tina and her husband who live on the ocean. The heartbreaks include sexual assault, loss of a child and the healing afterwards. It is also a story about romance, adventure, humor and parenting. Based on the sample and official review I would like to read this book and will add it to my to-read list.
Kaitlyn Canedy
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Napoleon Hill
Favorite Book: Too Old Too Soon
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 509
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlyn-canedy.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Kaitlyn Canedy »

I have never read a travel memoir before, but I liked what this book entails. Living on a boat must be a lot of fun, although I am sure there are many dangers with doing this. Thanks for the review!
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.”- Mewtwo
Amprye
Currently Reading: The Autobiography of Malcolm X
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amprye.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Amprye »

This book looks amazing because I would love to read about her travels through Africa. It is not at the top of my list because it is a memoir, but it seems very well written. Congratulations on book of the day!
Destiny Freedom
Favorite Book: The Most Unlikely Champion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-aaton.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Destiny Freedom »

Wow! The author really loved an adventurous life. I'm sure that there a lot of life lessons in this book. Thank you for this review.
Many books can inform you but there's only one that can transform you(The Holy Bible). Pls don't forget to drop a comment for this review. Thanks. :D :tiphat:
Destiny Freedom
Favorite Book: The Most Unlikely Champion
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-aaton.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Destiny Freedom »

Sally77motors wrote: 20 May 2022, 22:28 Wow! The author really led an adventurous life. I'm sure that there a lot of life lessons in this book. Thank you for this review.
Many books can inform you but there's only one that can transform you(The Holy Bible). Pls don't forget to drop a comment for this review. Thanks. :D :tiphat:
Etini Willie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-etini-willie.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Etini Willie »

I love the fact that the adventure actually helped the family to build a strong bond. The family tool journey into nature. How exciting this could be for the young men. It gives them another perspective from which to view the universe
Guda Lydia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guda-lydia.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Guda Lydia »

A good travel memoir and adventure story about the author and family life. Congratulations on the BOTD.
Ompolokile Tshipo
Favorite Book: limitless
Currently Reading: The silence of the children
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Ompolokile Tshipo »

This is a very informative and interesting take on the book. It doesn't give away everything about the book which is what I appreciate when reading reviews. Good job!
Tanyn Murley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanyn-murley.html
Latest Review: The Devil Pulls the Strings by J. W. Zarek

Post by Tanyn Murley »

Thanks for the review. I am intrigued by this book, it's not often that I find something based in South Africa that resonates with me and my life. I will definitely be giving this book a try.
Antonieta Isaac
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-antonieta-isaac.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Antonieta Isaac »

Amazing review! Am excited about living on the ocean it sounds fun and scary. I am glad that the author could keep a positive time despite the loses mentioned.
Judiasanti
Currently Reading: The M&M Boys
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-judiasanti.html
Latest Review: Jesus, Prosperity Gospel and Poverty in Africa by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Judiasanti »

I absolutely love this book, and want to read it. Such great adventures of a family. Living on the ocean, experiencing with frightening natures, meeting new people and cultures in Africa. Thank you for your great review.
Wayne Njoroge
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Dark Web Murders
Currently Reading: Bloody Redemption
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wayne-njoroge.html
Latest Review: Because He Loved Us by Sharon Williams

Post by Wayne Njoroge »

Now this is very intriguing. A non fiction memoir that is both educative and comedic. A novel that is also filled with adventure that spans different countries from different continents. This is trully a remarkable book.
twinkle09
Currently Reading: Tactile Therapy: Volume One
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twinkle09.html
Latest Review: When Life Doesn't Turn Out the Way We Hoped It Would? Volume 1 by Tom Wick

Post by twinkle09 »

Travel memoirs gives me the opportunity to see new country and culture without actually venturing out. I enjoyed reading the review and look forward to enjoying the book. Thanks for the review!!
Obinna Chima Agoms
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibliophile-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Why Rock The Boat When You Don't Know How To Swim? by Daniel Sebata

Post by Obinna Chima Agoms »

This memoir is full of adventures. Add the personal, touching stories of the author, then you have a memoir for the soul. There's so much to learn from the author's voyage through Africa.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

Thank you for giving us a beautiful review. You showed us such an interesting view of this story.
I also enjoyed reading from the sample pages we were given.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”