Official Review: Magnetic Stories by Gabrielle Dolan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Official Review: Magnetic Stories by Gabrielle Dolan

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Magnetic Stories" by Gabrielle Dolan.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Magnetic Stories: Connect with Customers and Engage Employees with Brand Storytelling by Gabrielle Dolan is a guidebook for companies. The author is an international keynote speaker, educator, and author who has clients around the globe. Her experiences and professionalism rubbed on all the pages of this book. Gabrielle Dolan intends to help businesses create and implement their brand stories effectively.

This book is a must-read for company owners and employees. Here, the author enlightens her audience about the power of brand storytelling. She tells a story about the misconception she had about Barbie dolls. But, getting to know about the brand story changed her perception. Personally, Barbie's brand story was an added knowledge to me. This is why every business should have a good brand story that is magnetic and attractive to customers.

Furthermore, the author explains 'brand' as a company's core value. Also, stories people share about you or your business behind your back speak volumes about your brand. So, Ms. Dolan encourages her audience to be specific with their brand, back it up with positive actions to create good stories for their brand. I was anxiously waiting for the author to unravel 'The five types of brand stories,' which companies should tell. And she explained them in detail in Part II of the book. She goes further to outline how to implement brand storytelling in Part III. The topic I enjoyed most is 'Heritage over history' because it enlightened and exposed me to great people. Stories of personalities like Blarney Stone, Steve Jobs, and Roger Corbett. Please pick this book to uncover more.

This book is very insightful and one of its kind. The author is a great teacher, and I liked that she made this book engaging, relatable, and fun for her audience. Readers will find the 'Check and Reflect' questions at the end of every teaching beneficial and thought-provoking. I was enthralled by hearing lots of brand stories of many multinational companies, and honestly, I connected deeply with them. And if the opportunity presents itself, I would love to visit these companies. The companies she used as 'case stories' are Ferguson Plarre Bakehouses, Transpower New Zealand, etc.

What I like most about this book is the writing style the author adopted. Her style of writing was simple and engaging. She proved me wrong because I was scared that such a book would be hard to read. I also liked that the teachings were practicable, and I had a gripping connection with the stories the author used as examples. They helped to bring her message alive and throw more light on the effectiveness of brand storytelling. I must applaud Ms. Dolan for making this book magnetic with stories that businesses can relate to while creating their own brand stories. As a teacher, I now know and understand the power and impact of storytelling on my brand, and I'll swing into action.

The author has created a masterpiece that will pique the interest of her audience. I didn't dislike anything in this book, and I'm happy to rate it 4 out of 4 stars. The editing was exceptionally well done since I didn't encounter a single typo throughout my read. This book will suit those who want to build their brand through storytelling and attract commercial success and exposure.

Magnetic Stories
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Indeed, Barbie is an inspiring story that shows brands that they can really change perceptions. I am curious to find out more valulabe stories. Great review!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Star Maker
Bookshelf Size: 426
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 36%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a terrific book first of all for business owners but it seems very useful for other people who need to promote different kinds of activity. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

I always appreciate books that make it easy to read about difficult topics. I agree that brands can affect perception, making it a really powerful tool. Thanks for the great review!
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
Fiorella 25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Fiorella 25 »

Thanks for a great review! I believe these types of books that can talk about some difficult things and promote the idea of recovering are the best. Planning on reading it soon!
Kirsi Cultrera
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Then Comes The Flood
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-cultrera.html
Latest Review: Remembering Stardust by C. D. Baker

Post by Kirsi Cultrera »

This book is probably a great read for someone who owns a business. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any interest towards business-related books at the moment. But you are right about the power of storytelling, it is a great way to have impact to the people around us.

Thanks for your insightful review!
Kirsi
Official Reviewer Representative
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

This really sounds like a great tool, especially for early business owners trying to get up and running. Thanks for the review!
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

It looks like the author has made the book very engaging for the readers with her writing style. I'm curious about the part of Barbie's brand story, which you mentioned. Thanks for a well-written review!
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

I like how to books especially ones thag show businesses how to grow their brand through their stories. Great review.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Its hard to talk about business,and even more difficult to write a book about how to build a brand. It is good to know that the author made it engaging to read. Thanks for the informative review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”