Official Review: Serene Wellness by Healer Naseem Mariam

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rafaella Michailidou
Currently Reading: Dark Places
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rafaella-michailidou.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Re: Official Review: Serene Wellness by Healer Naseem Mariam

Post by Rafaella Michailidou »

BLINKYNOEL36 wrote: 24 Sep 2018, 17:22 Thank you for your kind words. I am a life long sufferer of generalized anxiety and depression. I am under the care of a good doctor and have a relatively normal life and family. My opinion is that these type of self help books promote a cure from mental illnesses and depression. They might give people false ideas that these illnesses are cureable themselves without receiving treatment from a doctor. They also shame people into believing that if I do x y and z I will be cured from my illness and be a happy person which is not how mental illness works. Please do not follow this hype and see a doctor if you suspect you have depression.
You are right. When it comes to mental illness people shouldn't treat it so lighthearted. I'm glad you're doing ok and you are in good hands. Thank you for your honest opinion.
“All the secrets of the world are contained in books. Read at your own risk.”
― Lemony Snicket
Rafaella Michailidou
Currently Reading: Dark Places
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rafaella-michailidou.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Rafaella Michailidou »

asere_maryanne wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 02:48 I am an organized person and at the same time spontaneous, the scheduled life doesn't work for me. If I happen to read this book, I will read it with an open mind. Thanks for the honest review.
I sense from your way of living that you don't need this book. Nevertheless, if you think you lack in any of the areas I listed above you should check it out.
“All the secrets of the world are contained in books. Read at your own risk.”
― Lemony Snicket
Keevan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keevan.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer

Post by Keevan »

Thanks for your insightful review. I think I'm going to skip this one. It seems like a waste of time. The premise is good but the generality is what turns me off and not want to read it.

Good job :D
Tiffany_A_Baker
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tiffany_A_Baker »

I'd like to read this book to see what it suggest. Perhaps it will give me an advice I didn't knew. Thank you for the review.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”