Official Review: They Must Be Monsters by Deric Haddad

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Re: Official Review: They Must Be Monsters by Deric Haddad

Post by MsTri »

Wow! This seems really gripping and fascinating; sexual abuse of children is probably the biggest problem we humans have, so for a case to last as long as this one, Wow! I couldn't wait so I Google'd the result, but I still think it'd be a fascinating read getting from point A to point B. Thanks for the introduction!
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Post by joshfee77 »

MsTri wrote: 18 Sep 2018, 09:22 Wow! This seems really gripping and fascinating; sexual abuse of children is probably the biggest problem we humans have, so for a case to last as long as this one, Wow! I couldn't wait so I Google'd the result, but I still think it'd be a fascinating read getting from point A to point B. Thanks for the introduction!
Yeah, definitely worth a read, well-written and gripping from start to end. Thanks for commenting.
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

What a great review! Despite being an avid follower of true crime stories, I must admit I was unaware of this case until I read this review. Must say, I am eager to read it and find out more. Interesting quote from Virginia McMartin - we always think the American judicial system is pretty infallible and this book obviously makes us question that premise. Thank you - can't wait to get started on this one!
joshfee77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 251
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshfee77.html
Latest Review: In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu

Post by joshfee77 »

sonya01 wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 01:55 What a great review! Despite being an avid follower of true crime stories, I must admit I was unaware of this case until I read this review. Must say, I am eager to read it and find out more. Interesting quote from Virginia McMartin - we always think the American judicial system is pretty infallible and this book obviously makes us question that premise. Thank you - can't wait to get started on this one!
Thanks! Appreciate your comments. This is a powerful case and a very well-written book. Definitely worth reading.
Hiruni Bhagya 81
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hiruni-bhagya-81.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Post by Hiruni Bhagya 81 »

This is a compelling nonfiction. It's just unbelievable how a whole community can submerge in irrational fear just because someone presumed something and accused another person without questioning anything of an unforgivable crime. Also, to learn that people can be cruel enough to condemn an innocent person of a crime, he didn't commit just to further their carriers is just eye-opening. I'm certainly hoping to read this book.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”