Favorite Character?

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Re: Favorite Character?

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

I like Garry of Blueline. He is loving and caring. Very strong and determiant. I also like Sinead. She is warm and kind.
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

Sinead's character remained nonconflicting in all of the worldlines. She stayed by Gary's side and had his back despite all odds proving herself to be a loyal friend. It made me take a special liking to her personality.
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

Seriously, everyone of the characters were awesome. Except for Michelle's brother of cause, like Gary said, 'he is a dick head.' Adam did an immensely great job developing such lovable characters; each and every one of them is my favorite. I can't say much for Michelle's brother though, I don't kinda like that guy.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
revathy sw
Favorite Book: The Wind in the Willows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revathy-sw.html
Latest Review: Mithra by John M. Rattenbury

Post by revathy sw »

There were several characters that I really liked. I loved Sinead in all the worldlines. She was a true gem, both as a friend and as a girlfriend to Gary. I felt like he wasn't really worthy of her.

Professor Leyton Buzzard was another character that I liked. He was clearly passionate about his subject and was patient and encouraging with his students. I loved how helpful he was to Gary and Sinead.

I felt a real admiration for Michelle's parents in the Blue Line; I was astounded with their willingness to forgive Gary, even without having the knowledge that we readers have of his innocence. They did not lash out at him even though it would have been completely understandable.

Lastly, I loved Betsy Cohen and how competent she was. She, like Buzzard, also showed an admirable willingness to help Gary and Sinead even after hearing their unbelievable story.

While I liked the Gary in the Blue Line, in all the other worldlines, I can't say that I liked his character very much. I also never really warmed up to Michelle, any version of her.
Just an average book-lover bumbling through life :tiphat:
mbhuibregtse
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbhuibregtse.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by mbhuibregtse »

I like his best friend, Sinead. She was integral in all plots despite being a supplemental character. I really enjoyed the way she interacted with her mother.
Rwill0988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 499
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rwill0988.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by Rwill0988 »

Sinead O’Brien was my favourite. Her strong character is evident through her devotion to her family and her loyalty to Gary in each worldline. She studies physics in every worldline. Her flaw seems to link to her relationships and how she lets the men she’s dating treat her. I was pleased with how she handled these relationships in the end.
“Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three and you give me a very dangerous enemy indeed.” ~ The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Post by lavkathleen »

Is it weird to say that mine was blackline!Gary? This version of Gary was really dark and that scared me. But I find comfort that his life was a mess, much like mine. (No, I have no urge to murder someone, just so we're clear. :doh: :lol2: ) A small part of me wanted to see how he was going to get out of his misery. If that was weird, though, then blackline!Sinead is a close competitor.
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

ROSEYANN wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 15:16 The characters were all integral to fledging out the various world lines. I liked Michelle in the Redline. I thought she was ambitious, hardworking, and fun. I also appreciated Gary in the blueline as well. I admired the fact that he tried to clear his name.
I felt like I was riding the mainstream if my favorite was blueline!Gary. :lol2: Reading about redline!Michelle was a little weird and painful. To know more about her from a different worldline when she was suddenly taken from The Blue Line left me in a daze. It's like I also lost blueline!Michelle, which is also weird.
Kathleen Lavador

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

britcott30 wrote: 04 Jul 2021, 16:08 I like his best friend, Sinead. This character feels stronger than Garry. And she is also very kind to everyone in this book.
Are we talking about blueline!Sinead? I like her, too! Although, it was mainly because I was shocked about how good she was written as a female side character. From the very beginning, I felt like she had a whole backstory without even reading much yet. I like blackline!Sinead better, though. I think I saw the depth of her character there because of their darker storyline.
Kathleen Lavador

lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Buk Nerd wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 12:17 Undoubtedly, Michelle in the Redline. I'm partial to strong, fun female characters. Michelle fits the bill quite nicely.
Hard same! :lol2: But I like how characters move and are shaped by dire circumstances so Gary and Sinead from The Black Line have a special place in my heart. I can kind of relate to them (minus the murder, of course). I'm scared I'm the only one who chose characters from this worldline, though. :lol2:
Kathleen Lavador

lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Troy Barnes wrote: 06 Jul 2021, 10:23 I loved Michelle of the blue line world. She was light, beautiful and funny. She complemented Gary perfectly and just added life to the story.
When I read about her other versions in other worldlines, I felt kind of sad. It's like I was grieving her untimely death too as I was getting to know the others. I wish we got to know more about her. I felt like we only had the base of her personality; we didn't have much that set her apart from the other Michelles.
Kathleen Lavador

ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Buk Nerd wrote: 05 Jul 2021, 12:17 Undoubtedly, Michelle in the Redline. I'm partial to strong, fun female characters. Michelle fits the bill quite nicely.
Michelle was fun and outgoing. She was an ambitious young lady that was financially prudent and I particularly found her character interesting.
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

lavkathleen wrote: 29 Jul 2021, 04:44 Is it weird to say that mine was blackline!Gary? This version of Gary was really dark and that scared me. But I find comfort that his life was a mess, much like mine. (No, I have no urge to murder someone, just so we're clear. :doh: :lol2: ) A small part of me wanted to see how he was going to get out of his misery. If that was weird, though, then blackline!Sinead is a close competitor.
I get your point. I was able to understand this dark side of Gary's personality without agreeing with the crime he committed. Purely from reading the character as apart critical part to the story.
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

Uzo_Reviews wrote: 23 Jul 2021, 18:28 Sinead's character remained nonconflicting in all of the worldlines. She stayed by Gary's side and had his back despite all odds proving herself to be a loyal friend. It made me take a special liking to her personality.
I guess you are right. In every onr of the worldlines, Sinead never weavered. She really is a loyal friend like you said. She is cool indeed.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
Unosthetic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unosthetic.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Unosthetic »

Why no one's talking abou Professor Buzzard? I loved his character. I actually want to have some of his traits like being open-minded.Also the way he explains theories, it's so fascinating.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”