Explaining the multiverse theory

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
fridamadrid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fridamadrid.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Re: Explaining the multiverse theory

Post by fridamadrid »

I think the author did a great job. I felt like I really understood everything he wanted to explain about it and I never got bored when characters were talking about some of the complex details of the theory.
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

Fliesie01 wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 03:44 Normally when I think of multiverses and the space-time continuum I get so confused, but the author did a great job at explaining it, I could follow along with ease and enjoyed the story.
Agreed, Adam did an exceptional job. For a concept as broad and unpracticable he made it seem simply and practicable. He even explained it such that the reader can relate to it there by influencing understanding.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

I was definitely shocked when I read the book. I think the author did a pretty good job of explaining how the multiverse works. There are also some examples of it in the book that helped me understand it even better.
Anjali Patil
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjali-patil.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Anjali Patil »

I usually have a hard time when it comes to space and all those unexplainable things in the universe but it does fascinate me. Although, the author has done a great job in explaining the
Multiverse theory. At first, while reading, I couldn't understand much but as I went on reading, it became clearer.
KELVIN LANGAT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-langat.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by KELVIN LANGAT »

I believe that clarifying that idea is hard overall except if you have that foundation. The writer worked really hard in clarifying this is on the grounds that I experience consistently experienced issues getting it however while perusing this I experienced next to no difficulty. I currently have a superior comprehension of the multiverse hypothesis overall.
Troy Barnes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-troy-barnes.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Troy Barnes »

The author did a fantastic job of explaining the multiverse theory. Im a huge fan of sci-fi novels and a lot of them fumble their way around the topic, offering halfhearted explanations for convoluted plotlines and twists and I can honestly say that this was not the case in this book.
Katherine Smith
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 524">Nancy Drew</a>
Currently Reading: The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe
Bookshelf Size: 504
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-smith.html
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Reading Device: B01KVZV52A

Post by Katherine Smith »

The multiverse is a hard concept to explain and an even harder concept to understand. The author did both very well especially since most people on this forum do not have a scientific background or work in fields like astronomy. I also liked that the author made sure to clarify each concept in the book so that readers would not get lost in the details.
Latest Review: "Whisky tango foxtrot...copy" by John regan
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Post by Wesusa »

It's not so much the difficulty of the topic- I just think that how it was portrayed was done pretty well. I do think that the pacing was not well done in the beginning of the story- it was much too fast and trying to bring it at the audience right out of the gate.
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
Anelka ky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anelka-ky.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Anelka ky »

I think the author balanced the content on multiverse theory very well. It's explained well enough that a person with no prior knowledge can follow and understand without getting lost in the complexities of the theory. Yet readers with prior knowledge can still enjoy the book since enough of the concept is explained to maintain their curiosity and intrigue.
Elon Gathungu
Favorite Book: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elon-gathungu.html
Latest Review: Red Wave Imperative by Alan Schein

Post by Elon Gathungu »

Precious Naiti wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 15:51 The multiverse theory in the sense explained by the author seems plausible. What happens when we dream is a mystery and no one really knows for sure what happens during that time.
The mystery the author creates by connecting the world of dreams to the multiverse theory is really cool. I think the mystery of the land of dreams ironically lends credibility to the author's take on the theory.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Good enough for me to understand it. The multiverse is an extremely difficult concept. I believe it and Mr. Guest, through Professor Buzzard, was able to make it even clearer. Kim not sure that I’m onboard with being able to visit other versions of yourself through your dreams.
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

I agree with you. Even I loved this concept. It was quite convincing. But I’m not sure whether such thing actually exists or not. However, just imagining the scenes and also placing myself in a few of them has made the whole experience of reading this book wonderful.
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

fridamadrid wrote: 08 Jul 2021, 14:43 I think the author did a great job. I felt like I really understood everything he wanted to explain about it and I never got bored when characters were talking about some of the complex details of the theory.
Yes he did alright. I encountered this theory for the first time through worldlines, however, I found it really intriguing. I can't seem to get confused about it given how simply Adam treated this topic.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Precious Naiti wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 15:51 The multiverse theory in the sense explained by the author seems plausible. What happens when we dream is a mystery and no one really knows for sure what happens during that time.
Agreed. I think connecting the multiverse concept to what happens when we dream was an excellent way for readers to relate to the theory.
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Victor Kilyungi wrote: 02 Jul 2021, 01:38 I agree that he did a great job in explaining the multiverse concept. The repetitions also served to cement the theory well. What I know of multiverses I've learnt from movies so it was really nice to have this book explain it to me, and I got an entertaining story too!
I have similar thoughts as well. The repetition helped with to cement the theory. Thereafter, It was easier to understand when there were changes to the story.

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”