Overall rating and opinion of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
Vidhi Adhikari
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

NetMassimo wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 06:53 I rated this novel 4 out of 4 stars. I found it brilliant, full of food for thought concerning the influence of events on a person's life and the importance of a person's reaction to those events.
I would have given the book a 4 out of 4 too had their not been many spelling errors and the ending had a better plot twist. Otherwise the book was indeed a page turner.
oluwalonimi29
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwalonimi29.html
Latest Review: Radioland by m.e. Elzey

Post by oluwalonimi29 »

I enjoyed reading the book and love the multivese idea.Though the book contain errors but I still credit the writer for being able to switch and unswitch characters. The book is loaded with good research work.A good read for all who love good books.
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Post by lavkathleen »

I read it October last year and rated it 3 out of 4! It's my favorite book out of all the books I've read here so far. I loved how the author successfully added multiple timelines and how stark the contrast was between them. I especially loved the heartbreaking ending.
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Fliesie01 wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 03:18 I loved this book, I rated it 4 out of stars. I enjoyed the theme and the plot twists. The idea of multiverses fascinates me, it boggles my mind and I love that. This is a book I will read and reread over and over again.
Did you get the revised version? A lot of us gave it a 3 instead because of the amount of errors. :eusa-think: I agree with the rest, though! It was the first book I've read about the multiverse and it really made me research more. However, it's the lesson/message that makes me want to reread.
Kathleen Lavador

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
mbhuibregtse
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbhuibregtse.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by mbhuibregtse »

I give the book 4 out of 4 stars. Despite not being a huge sci-fi fan, I very much enjoyed the book. The characters were interesting, the plot was entertaining, and the amount of suspense was perfect to keep me engaged.
Faith - Benny Any
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-benny-any.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Faith - Benny Any »

Some aspects of the book was repeatedly written. However, it was fun to read with amazing storyline. It deserves a rating of three out of four stars.
revathy sw
Favorite Book: The Wind in the Willows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revathy-sw.html
Latest Review: Mithra by John M. Rattenbury

Post by revathy sw »

I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars. Although this book has one of the most interesting and disconcerting concepts I've ever read — that of our consciousness drifting in and out of different parallel universes — it had a lot of issues, like the lack of connection between Gary and Michelle, its pace, and overuse of comma splices, that made it a bit difficult for me to fully invest myself in reading it.
Nevertheless, it is a truly great addition to the sci-fi genre.
Something I really loved was that it never felt like the author lost control of the plot, which would have been an easy mistake to make given the number of worldlines and corresponding characters there are.
Just an average book-lover bumbling through life :tiphat:
Rwill0988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 499
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rwill0988.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by Rwill0988 »

It took a while for me to get into the story. The concept of a multiverse was one that interests me, and so I kept reading. In total, there were four worldlines in the book. The different personalities of Gary Jackson and other characters in the worldlines were fascinating. I could only give the book 3 out of 4 stars because the book requires more editing. The readability of the book was affected by run-on sentences, grammar issues, overuse of the semicolon, and overuse of the comma. These errors made the book more challenging to read.
“Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three and you give me a very dangerous enemy indeed.” ~ The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 02:42 I rated it 3 out of 4 due to the number of errors, otherwise I found it very engaging. I loved how the author build the characters using information from various lines. He managed to create the storyline by presenting Garry & his friends during various scenarios. I found that very exciting! They are basically the same people, even if they made different decisions during their lives.
Woah, I haven't thought about it like that but you have a point. They're the same people at the back of my head but ultimately they're all different because of the circumstances they're in. But regarding the fact that they're basically the same person in every AU, it is amazing how the author was able to sort of give each them core personalities.
Kathleen Lavador

lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Unsullied wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 07:27 I gave this book a perfect 4 out of 4 stars rating. It was a fascinating and exciting story with very crazy ideas, for lack of a better word. I particularly loved the professor's ideas and the thought of same action and different decisions our outcomes in different worlds.
Some of us gave it a 3 instead because of the amount of errors but I guess it got revised already. :eusa-think: Anyway, I feel the same way! The author truly took the "what if you made different choices at some points of your life... what would happen?" idea, ran with it, and gave us this story. I also love that the fiction beyond the science facts wasn't overwhelming, unlike other sci-fi stories.
Kathleen Lavador

lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

NetMassimo wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 06:53 I rated this novel 4 out of 4 stars. I found it brilliant, full of food for thought concerning the influence of events on a person's life and the importance of a person's reaction to those events.
That's the aspect I love about it the most! I won't forget the outcome of the first worldline and how heartbreaking it is that sometimes things just won't go your way no matter how much you work hard for it. It's like playing games with the physics and universe itself and you get the short end of the stick.
Kathleen Lavador

Bernadette Avelar
Currently Reading: Harvey the Hippo
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bernadette-avelar.html
Latest Review: The Commander by Dan E. Hendrickson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Bernadette Avelar »

I rated this book a three out of four stars. A smooth read but the grammar errors bothered me. I enjoyed how the characters developed and I am not a book spoiler but I loved the ending!
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

Yes, I have read the book. I must say that it is hard to put into words every feeling and thought that I have. I loved the writing style because I would have found it hard to completely comprehend without the chapter headings. I recommend the book to persons who love a mixture of science and religion. Believe me you will be surprised. The plot deserves a big tick.
EternalD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eternald.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by EternalD »

I liked that the author successfully made a complex topic readable and understandable to the average reader. You don't need a Physics degree to read this book. Anyway, I found that the repetitions did a lot of damage to the book. I hope Adam can improve on the sequels as it's clear that he's an author with a great future. I would rate it three out of four stars.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

The errors were not my cup of tea. The writing style however, was superb. Taking such a muddled, complex subject in physics and simplifying it so well, did it for me. I still don't agree with the multiverse theory, but the concept itself and the way the author made it into a fictional account was great.
I loved the book.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”