Overall rating and opinion of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest

Use this forum to discuss the July 2021 Book of the month, " Worldlines: A Many Worlds Novel" (Many Worlds, #1)" by Adam Guest
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Worldlines" by Adam Guest

Post by yomide »

Worldlines, in general, is a book to behold. It consist of a concept that invite readers to open their minds to various possibilities. The author, for one, did a pretty hood job at every aspect of the story. Carefully inter twining thriller and science fiction in a seamless fashion. It deservers every bit of a 5 star rating.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
Laura Ungureanu
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra
Bookshelf Size: 1392
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-ungureanu.html
Latest Review: Love and Marriage by Arthur Hartz

Post by Laura Ungureanu »

This was a great book for me. I was very intrigued by the multiverse theory and how the author uses it. I can't say that I wasn't expecting the outcome, but it sure was an entertaining journey. I loved the way the author built the characters, as they seemed so real.
Fabulous mind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabulous-mind.html
Latest Review: The Last Panda by L.Z. smith

Post by Fabulous mind »

I rated this book a 4 out of 4 stars. The whole idea of many world, and the idea of committing crimes while dreaming was fascinating. I couldn't even find anything to dislike in it.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars due to the errors and the repetition. The concept is intriguing, and I loved that the author makes you think about the different possibilities in each line. I would recommend this book to people who like time-travel or science fiction novels.
Anelka ky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anelka-ky.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Anelka ky »

I rated the book three out of four. The errors in the book are a letdown. However, the storyline almost makes up for the errors. I love the idea of a multiverse and enjoyed Gary's adventures as he explored different realities and investigated the science of dreams. I would recommend the book to readers who enjoy fiction.
MadisonLun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by MadisonLun »

The topic was very intriguing and made you think about what if something like this can happen. You definitely need to pay attention to the Blue line and Black line under the chapter numbers. If you are into science fiction and opening your mind to various possibilities, this is the book for you. The author did a great job at making you think about those things but it does get a little confusing.
Abisolalawal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abisolalawal.html
Latest Review: Wellness Toolbox by Don Roberts

Post by Abisolalawal »

I love how the characters were built by the author. The uniqueness of each personality also is a plus for me. I also like that the narration is smooth. I think the book deserves the 4 out of 4 stars and I recommend it to everyone who likes to have a glimpse of another world view and to everyone who loves diversity especially in human nature
Maggie MacLaren
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggie-maclaren.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Maggie MacLaren »

Anna Bookowski wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 08:16
Raluca_Mihaila wrote: 01 Jul 2021, 02:42 I rated it 3 out of 4 due to the number of errors, otherwise I found it very engaging. I loved how the author build the characters using information from various lines. He managed to create the storyline by presenting Garry & his friends during various scenarios. I found that very exciting! They are basically the same people, even if they made different decisions during their lives.
I did the same. I enjoyed the book very much, but the number of errors was really striking and I found the writing style a bit too messy. Otherwise, it was a great read!
I whole-heartedly agree! This was the first book I've read in this particular genre and while I found it really interesting I could not get past the authors writing style. So while I enjoyed the book I probably won't be reading any other works from this author simply due to writing style. Still a good read though.
Nancy Morara
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy-morara.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Nancy Morara »

I've read the book and given the chance to review it, it would be a perfect 4 stars without a doubt. I'm curious by nature and the book fed it well enough.
Laura Britos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-victoria2002.html
Latest Review: The Last Time I Saw Alice by Richard Kirschenbaum

Post by Laura Britos »

I read the book a long time ago and it has remained as one of my favorite. The plot is actually very intricate and very original. In addition, the author manages to make readers want to keep reading. To my, the book would had made and excellent episode of the X-files back in the 90s with the amount of sheer science fiction and dramatic turns it had. However, I felt that the ending was a bit rushed and disorganized in comparison with the rest of the book.
Arite Seki
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arite-seki.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Arite Seki »

I rated the book four out of four stars. I genuinely enjoyed it and I would recommend it to almost anyone. It was fun and it kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time.
Emilia Sieminska
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilia-sieminska.html
Latest Review: Like a Lily Among the Thorns by Karen S. Bell

Post by Emilia Sieminska »

I rated this book a 3 out of 4. I loved the topic, usage of Many Worlds theory and the mix of science fiction and crime, but the novel begins very slowly. The is a lot of unnecessary detail, especially at the beginning. I recommend it to more open-minded readers, as I believe some people might find the plot too far-fetched.
Tanzeel20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanzeel20.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Tanzeel20 »

I rated 3 out of 4. It is a fast paced story. I gave only 3 because sometimes it felt slow and this story deserve this rating. As a sci fi book fan this story satisfied me. Also I liked new storyline for multiverse.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

This novel gets a well-deserved four out of four stars from me. There are many multiple worlds novels out there, but I like how unique and creative this author was in his delivery. There was never a dull moment throughout my read, and I especially liked the excellent worldbuilding.
Feliceness
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-feliceness.html
Latest Review: Looking Glass Friends by E L Neve

Post by Feliceness »

I read the edited version. I love movies like Back to the Future, Sliding Doors, and The Butterfly Effect. This is on my list if they make it a movie.

It started slow but once it started Whoa!

I still don't get why Gary seriously would kill Michelle even in a dream just because she wouldn't go out with him.

I like the way Adam Guest brought out each character. I didn't have to flip back and forth and ask - who was that? He set his stage well.

I am very interested in the second book.

If you are not into this type of Sci-Fi, don't bother. You will just criticize and point out flaws and why it doesn't make sense and just lose the fun of it all.
:reading-6: Feliceness Means Happiness

Return to “Discuss "Worldlines" by Adam Guest”