Overall rating and opinion of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Maria Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Maria Fernandez »

I enjoy this book seeing how Healthcare affects all of us. Plus my mother is an elderly woman so it's good to know about Healthcare and how it works so I better understand how to help her. It was comprehensive into the point so there was no dilly-dallying in the writing. The editing was good I could not say anything bad about that.
FourFires
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by FourFires »

The book "Surviving the Business of Healthcare" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C is very easy to read. The author writes in accessible language and doesn't fill the pages with medical jargon, & I appreciate the sincerity as she recalls her work experience as well as her personal concerns/issues with the health industry.

It's informative and the author approaches each topic as an educator in healthcare, however clear and concise I felt that it could expand a little more.

As someone who is looking into more proactive alternative healthcare support systems, I personally enjoyed this book and would recommend it.
Ahbed Nadir
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahbed-nadir.html
Latest Review: There's Always Tomorrow by Jim Carr

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

A fascinating yet educational novel speaking on the health industry, providing a detailed and comprehensive insight into the goings on within this industry from the view of both a respected medical professional and a cancer patient. It provides with an immersive experience as we are shown how it feels to treat and to be treated. A great book and I rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends"- Albus Dumbledore
Lauren Hanna
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Last to Vanish
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lauren-hanna.html
Latest Review: Mamma & Me by Eloisa B. Lucas

Post by Lauren Hanna »

This book contains ample amounts of valuable information. I admired the viewpoint of the author, who is not only a family practitioner but a cancer patient as well. My favorite topic was how to be an effective advocate for yourself and your family. I also enjoyed the author's vivid accounts from her childhood as the daughter of a busy doctor. There was nothing I disliked in this book. I recommend this novel to anyone who wants to make educated and crucial decisions regarding healthcare. I rate this helpful book 4 out of 4 stars.
Maria_Kubicova
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-kubicova.html
Latest Review: Tales from the Gray Area by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Maria_Kubicova »

The book is a short and informative read. While I enjoy this big-picture perspective, there were a few subjects that left me with more questions than answers.
Anelka ky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anelka-ky.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Anelka ky »

In Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power, Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C does an excellent job of expressing healthcare content in a way that accommodated readers with and without healthcare backgrounds.
I was able to read and follow the flow of ideas without getting lost in healthcare terminology. This made the book both interesting and relatable.
Kathryn Collins
Favorite Author: Mark Leon Collins
Currently Reading: Inquirer's Bible
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathryn-collins.html
Latest Review: Poems About Things That Mattered Most by Bob Dowell
fav_author_id: 196676

Post by Kathryn Collins »

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? What did you think of the writing style? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?
The book was full of pertinent information written in an enjoyable to read style. The author showed a lot of compassion for people and seemed to be in the healthcare field because she really cared and was not only there to "make a buck".
I like that it was easy to read but also that you could very easily look up the topics you wanted to know about because they are all there is bite-sized fashion. I enjoyed how she relayed stories about her childhood and what led up to her decision to become a Physician Assistant.
I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to understand the ins and outs of the healthcare field in order to use the information to their advantage and maybe save some money and possibly even their life besides.
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Post by Miriam nkere »

Surviving the Business of Health Care is an informative guide that one should not joke with. It is such an interesting read that gives rich details about how to deal with health challenges, very educative and directive. I love the book because of the fact the author feels concerned for the patients.
Rochelle457
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rochelle-schoeman.html
Latest Review: Dark Matter Empire (Book 1) by Alex Zadeh

Post by Rochelle457 »

I would rate the book 4 out of 4. It was edited ver well and I could not find any errors throughout the whole book. It was a vaery interesting book and made one really think and understand the healthcare system. It is very nice that even if you are not in the healthcare profession, you could enjoy the book and find it interesting.
jaym_tan
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaym-tan.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by jaym_tan »

This book serves as a great guide for those who need factual health information. It also shows people how to deal with challenges when it comes to health and the healthcare system. The author shows she actually has good intentions.
ALRE SYD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alre-syd.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by ALRE SYD »

The book is collection of moral lessons for me about health care, as I was reading it. I loved the author's honest about how she came to be faced with the trying moments she was facing. Of course, the writing style lowers the book a bit and I paid little attention to it attributing to the fact that her mind was set on handing out advice and her acknowledgement of the negligence of her own health. And I think from the ordeal she went through, now, she is alert about every little aspect concerning her health. Aside from that, I loved the book because that is an expert's advice on what we should always look out for.
Kathryn Collins
Favorite Author: Mark Leon Collins
Currently Reading: Inquirer's Bible
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathryn-collins.html
Latest Review: Poems About Things That Mattered Most by Bob Dowell
fav_author_id: 196676

Post by Kathryn Collins »

I liked the simplicity of the writing and the fact that this book would be easy to use as a quick reference to find answers to questions which are given in bite-sized pieces.
Kanchan Sharma
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Kanchan Sharma »

The author has taken the topic so smoothly that it is very helpful for everyone to understand the system of healthcare. It is a good guide not only for the patients but also for the attendants. Finances play a major role in the treatment of any disease. I liked this part the best. There is nothing to dislike in the book. I would recommend that everyone must read this book once in their lifetime whether they are diseased or not. I give the book 4 out of 4 stars.
Hari Keerthana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hari-keerthana.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Hari Keerthana »

This book offers a unique and fresh perspective towards the American Healthcare System. It deals with the author's personal battle with cancer and articulates it in a very empathetic manner. I would definitely recommend this book to others as the narrative completely engrossed the reader. Rather than aiming for utopian reforms, the book focuses on presenting pragmatic solutions.
Urvashi Tripathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-urvashi-tripathi.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Urvashi Tripathi »

I'm giving “Surviving the business of healthcare” by Barbara Galutia Regis 4 stars. I liked the writing style of the author, it was easy to understand and the book was full of knowledge. I recommend this book to all, as this book is written about healthcare system and teaches us how to care and take decisions about us and our loved ones.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”