Healthcare, a choice or necessity?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Surviving the Business of Healthcare: Knowledge is Power" by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Re: Healthcare, a choice or necessity?

Post by Ldpuff »

I definitely agree that it is a necessity for all. It is highly doubtful that a person will navigate through their entire life without needing healthcare services. I do believe that a large amount of people are finding other ways to handle their health, albeit more natural ways and therefore believe it might not be a necessity for all. If you ask me, we are in a shift in this area.
Atieno Magero
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

Healthcare is definitely a necessity. You can never predict illness and any medical condition. From the time we're born til we die, there could be many instances where we might require good healthcare.
marta baglioni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

More than a choice or a necessity, I think healthcare should be a right, everywhere. Not everybody will be chronically ill in their lifetime. Some will never get more than a scratch, but how could you know before it happens?
If everyone makes an effort, distributing in taxes the cost of health care, anyone will be capable of being cured, if in need. Regardless of whether he/she can economically afford it or not.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

Seroney_ wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 04:37 Healthcare is a necessity. In the course of life, human beings encounter a plethora of health needs. While some may not require medical interventions, some cannot do without. It is, therefore, prudent to incorporate medical attention as one of the basic needs since, without it, we are deprived of optimum living standards.
I agree it is a necessity, but we also have a choice. We can choose to get it or not, and quite a few people choose not to. I also agree that we will encounter a variety of health needs over the course of our lifetime, making healthcare a prudent and wise choice. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
Emily_Jen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emily-jen.html
Latest Review: Social Media Marketing Strategy by S. M. H. Gibson

Post by Emily_Jen »

I agree that medical care is a necessity; I mean, why wouldn't it be? That's why an insurance for it is mandatory in developed countries like ours. However, some people may feel that it isn't because of their religious beliefs.
Jordan Cane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jordan-cane.html
Latest Review: Scorn of Secrets by B. Truly

Post by Jordan Cane »

Health is a part of daily life and therefore every person will need to seek medical help regarding their health at some point in their life. Therefore, healthcare is an absolute necessity.
joynob24365
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joynob24365.html
Latest Review: Weeping Goes Unheard by Lucia Mann

Post by joynob24365 »

I thin it's a necessity. Everyone will need healthcare in their life. Doing healthy activities won't do. It's important to get the help needed for your body with healthcare and insurance.
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

Healthcare is a choice. We choose to seek healthcare at our leisure or out of necessity. It is a choice that often we wish we could avoid because of the cost. However, it is a choice that. is impacted by how much we know. Navigating the healthcare system can be costly and time-consuming and as with any other commodity the more information we have about healthcare, the better decisions we are able to make.
DTamara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtamara.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by DTamara »

I agree that it is a necessity. Also, we cannot ignore that a lot of health issues (genetic disorders, cancer, asthma, allergies at a high incidence rate and increasing) are a direct consequence of our lifestyle and man-made disasters, such as chemicals virtually invading our bodies, pollution of the air, water, and soil, and radioactive zones. The list goes on. Thereby, while people are free to make their choice, just like any other infrastructure in place supporting our lifestyle, healthcare should be as accessible.
Anthony__
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Post by Anthony__ »

To me, Healthcare is a necessity. This is because at every point of our lives we need a medical care at one point or the other either indirectly or directly. So, it's not a choice, but a necessity that we embrace when we face a medical challenge.
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

I agree with that statement. Every person is different, and no one knows if you are gonna get hit by a bus one day. I bet no one knows how to treat those wounds. We all need healthcare.
Jessica Dickens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-dickens.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Jessica Dickens »

I absolutely agree with the author and healthcare is an absolute necessity for not just older people but to people of every age group, cast or creed. Sickness doesn't discriminate between the rich and the poor, or even the righteous and the sinners everyone falls sick at any point in their lifespan.
Joseph Dunn
Currently Reading: The Paris mysteries
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-dunn.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Joseph Dunn »

I agree that medical care in the modern era is a necessity. Whether it's diagnostic, preventative, or maintenance treatments we all benefit from medical technology and care. At the very least, one of the first experiences in life for most individuals (at least in developed countries) involves an interaction with a medical team in a medical facility.
cd20
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl

Post by cd20 »

Emily_Jen wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 13:35 I agree that medical care is a necessity; I mean, why wouldn't it be? That's why an insurance for it is mandatory in developed countries like ours. However, some people may feel that it isn't because of their religious beliefs.
I agree that healthcare is a necessity, but some people don't. I think it is interesting that you mention some people might not because of their religious beliefs, I am surprised it hasn't come up sooner. It is also interesting how healthcare/insurance is done in different countries. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Ldpuff wrote: 17 Jun 2021, 05:56 I definitely agree that it is a necessity for all. It is highly doubtful that a person will navigate through their entire life without needing healthcare services. I do believe that a large amount of people are finding other ways to handle their health, albeit more natural ways and therefore believe it might not be a necessity for all. If you ask me, we are in a shift in this area.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and bringing something new to the discussion. I agree that we are in a shift in the healthcare area, more people are trying to go holistic and not traditional medicine. I also believe it is a necessity for all, but there will be people who will choose not to get it.

Return to “Discuss "Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis M.S. PA-C”