Discouragement and distraction are production killers, agree or disagree?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through" by Jeff Meyer.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Discouragement and distraction are production killers, agree or disagree?

Post by cd20 »

emeraldlaurice012 wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 05:03 I wholeheartedly agree with this as i often find myself distracted lately from matters that I usually would've set as my priority in the past. It's especially difficult to stray away from these distractions.
I hear you. I am in the same boat. Life has a way of creeping in and distracting us from our goals. During these times I think it is even more important to prioritize what needs to be done and focus on minimizing the distractions that we can. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
cd20
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl

Post by cd20 »

Mercy Osmond wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 06:56 I totally agree, when you set your mind to achieve something, come what may you will. But when you constantly give in to distractions or things that will deter you, from achieving the plans you made. You might end up with no plans at all.
I agree that if you set your mind to something you are more likely to achieve it. I do find that if I do not plan certain things they do not get done. Even when making a plan, things seem to get off-kilter because distractions are constantly creeping in. However, if I never made a plan I would not get things done. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Shreya Mishra 3 wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 07:34 I totally agree with this. Distraction by any means and discouragement by anyone can kill the productiveness inside you. Sometimes it happens without our knowing, for example- a person giving you advice on your dream may change the perfect mindset of yours and cause a disaster, it may have worked for them but not for you. The key is to stay focused and to believe in yourself.
Yes, I agree. Distractions by any means and discouragement can kill your productiveness! It's true that what others say can affect our dreams and perceptions. I do agree that we need to do our best to stay focused and to believe in ourselves. Thank you for sharing your opinions.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Esther11 wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 07:52 I totally agree. We are going to face a lot of discouragement and distractions along our way to success. It is inevitable. We can’t stop because of those discouragement. Proper mindset is what we need to surpass those discouragement and succeed.
Yes, we do need a proper mindset to achieve our goals and to minimize distractions and discouragement. I agree that it is inevitable (unfortunately) that we will face many distractions and discouragments. Thank you for sharing your perspective.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Gospel Francis wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 11:32 Actually, I agree.
When we are working towards achieving our dreams, we should stay away from every form of distractions and avoid being discouraged. These things kill the zeal and the morale in someone and one's mindset should also be correct.
It is easier to say we should stay away from distractions and avoid discouragement than it is to actually avoid them. They are inevitable, and no matter how hard you try to minimize the distractions, they always seem to creep in. They do kill our zeal and motivation. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Yusuf11
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Yusuf11 »

I agree with you 100%. You may find some people justifying themselves with quotes like, "If you are really serious with your goals, nothing can interfere." This is a lie! Discouraging someone a lot makes one lose hope and feels like he/she isn't making any move in whatever she/he is doing. In conclusion, it could really damage someone.
Ghuddie eso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie-eso.html
Latest Review: Jesus, Prosperity Gospel and Poverty in Africa by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Ghuddie eso »

I completely agree. Distractions and Discouragement are huge production killers. They are negative energies anyone who wants to be productive shouldn't have around them.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Yusuf11 wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 20:05 I agree with you 100%. You may find some people justifying themselves with quotes like, "If you are really serious with your goals, nothing can interfere." This is a lie! Discouraging someone a lot makes one lose hope and feels like he/she isn't making any move in whatever she/he is doing. In conclusion, it could really damage someone.
Yes! So many people say that if you are serious nothing can interfere, and I agree with you, it is a lie. We can have all the goals in the world, but when discouragement and distractions creep in it can be hard to keep your focus. Even knowing your distractions and trying to minimize them does not always work. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Ghuddie eso wrote: 02 Jun 2021, 05:58 I completely agree. Distractions and Discouragement are huge production killers. They are negative energies anyone who wants to be productive shouldn't have around them.
I agree that "They are negative energies anyone who wants to be productive shouldn't have around them," but unfortunately that doesn't always work. We can do our best to minimize distractions and try to prevent discouragement, but there will be times they are inevitable. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
The_Vivian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-vivian.html
Latest Review: Shield Down by William de Berg

Post by The_Vivian »

I completely agree with him as well, because as one of the reviewers noted we need strategic planning to always get to our dreams and distractions only slow you down and discouragements halts the process altogether.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

The_Vivian wrote: 02 Jun 2021, 12:57 I completely agree with him as well, because as one of the reviewers noted we need strategic planning to always get to our dreams and distractions only slow you down and discouragements halts the process altogether.
I believe that distractions do slow us down as well and discouragement can halt the process altogether, especially if we dwell in the disappointments. We do need planning in order to make our dreams come true, but even the best laid plans can be altered by distractions. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Liveforchrist51
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liveforchrist51.html
Latest Review: The Hundredth Time Around by Stacy Lee

Post by Liveforchrist51 »

I completely agree! Distractions and discouragement both lead to a slower achievement. Even when you do finally reach your goals, you have given up precious time and thought to the bad things or things that did not prosper you.
Danice Bondoc
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danice-bondoc.html
Latest Review: Immigrant Hustle by Amine Rahal

Post by Danice Bondoc »

I agree. Discouragement and distraction destroys a person's will power to continue his/her work. With these two, time will be wasted as well as productivity.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Liveforchrist51 wrote: 02 Jun 2021, 15:16 I completely agree! Distractions and discouragement both lead to a slower achievement. Even when you do finally reach your goals, you have given up precious time and thought to the bad things or things that did not prosper you.
Yes, I agree with you that distractions and discouragement lead to slower achievement. We can never get back the time that we lost while dealing with those distractions either. I find here recently I let myself get distracted way too much! Thank you for sharing your opinions.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Danice Bondoc wrote: 03 Jun 2021, 03:11 I agree. Discouragement and distraction destroys a person's will power to continue his/her work. With these two, time will be wasted as well as productivity.
You are right, discouragement and distractions do destroy a person's will power. Not only does time get wasted, but we also can never get that time back. We only have so much time to get things done and when we let the distractions take over, everything suffers. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Return to “Discuss " Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer”