Discouragement and distraction are production killers, agree or disagree?

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through" by Jeff Meyer.
Susan Kihleng
Currently Reading: Just Give Me a Soft Place to Land
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susan-kihleng.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Re: Discouragement and distraction are production killers, agree or disagree?

Post by Susan Kihleng »

I absolutely agree. Proper mindset and habits are essential for success. Without an appropriate outlook and developing the necessary habits, it's difficult to accomplish goals and set new ones, which is definitely critical for success. I believe the author is spot on with this point.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

Suekihleng wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 17:23 I absolutely agree. Proper mindset and habits are essential for success. Without an appropriate outlook and developing the necessary habits, it's difficult to accomplish goals and set new ones, which is definitely critical for success. I believe the author is spot on with this point.
I agree that having the proper mindset and setting habits are essential for success. I also agree goals are critical for success. You never reach the goal that you are not intentionally aiming for. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
hullahope
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hullahope.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by hullahope »

I agree because discouragement can cause momentary set back for us which might hamper the future course of action. Distraction on the other hand can take you off course all together. We need to focus on our goals and not get discouraged or distracted.
Purplesturv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplesturv.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Purplesturv »

I concur that discouragement and distraction are production killers. We will always have people on standby waiting for one to fail or telling you that what you are venturing into is impossible. It takes strong-will and focus to ignore these people and put one's all into being productive.
cd20
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl

Post by cd20 »

hullahope wrote: 27 Jun 2021, 00:04 I agree because discouragement can cause momentary set back for us which might hamper the future course of action. Distraction on the other hand can take you off course all together. We need to focus on our goals and not get discouraged or distracted.
I agree. Discouragement can cause momentary setbacks, but distractions can last for a long time. We need to know what causes discouragement and what distractions take us off course, so we can minimize them to the best of our ability. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Purplesturv wrote: 27 Jun 2021, 02:46 I concur that discouragement and distraction are production killers. We will always have people on standby waiting for one to fail or telling you that what you are venturing into is impossible. It takes strong-will and focus to ignore these people and put one's all into being productive.
It is hard to face constant discouragements and distractions. It does take a strong will to focus on our goals and not the negativity that others around us are spreading. Knowing what our triggers are will help us as well. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Jeetu_95
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeetu-95.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Jeetu_95 »

I am agree with this . These are production killers because these only creates lack of confidence,fear of loss,uncertainty and many more negative facts …so one can’t achieve their target with lack of confidence, fear of loss, and uncertainty.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Jeetu_95 wrote: 27 Jun 2021, 15:45 I am agree with this . These are production killers because these only creates lack of confidence,fear of loss,uncertainty and many more negative facts …so one can’t achieve their target with lack of confidence, fear of loss, and uncertainty.
I would agree with you. They do cause a lack of confidence and can create fear, which leads to no motivation or drive. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuebuka-ifedigbo.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Chukwuebuka Ifedigbo »

I totally agree. In pursuing our dreams, we must do away with every form of obstacle, and that includes distractions and discouragement. If we don't, we would end up spending most of our time on unimportant things.
Nada Diaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nada-diaa.html
Latest Review: Lost in the reflecting pool by Diane Pomerantz

Post by Nada Diaa »

Definitely agree. Healthy and useful habits must be built to achieve success and be productive in your life. Moreover habits take a long process to be built so you should be patient, persistent and avoid being hard on yourself.
Nancy Morara
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy-morara.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Nancy Morara »

It is totally true. Discouragement and distraction makes one leave unfinished projects, which could have been done and impacted a lot in ones life. That's why one needs to lay firm and still foundation for their goals. Doing this they'll be able to achieve them. Also fall into deaf ears towards the naysayers. They know nothing about you and your dreams and also vision. You are the only person who knows your destination. Keep your eyes on the prize.
Mason Garrod
Currently Reading: Uncommon Poems Common People
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mason-garrod.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Mason Garrod »

I generally agree with the statement, productivity will be at the optimal level without distraction and discouragement. Sometimes it depends on the activity though; I don't feel that productivity is always the most important thing in life, and if something that would be considered a distraction could sometimes bring me more happiness, then it is sometimes worth indulging in. 100% focus on productivity will have the best results in terms of material gain, but I would rather be less productive at times if it helps avoid burnout
Fliesie01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fliesie01.html
Latest Review: Inside Outside: Black Wings Series by Sharlie M. Riverton

Post by Fliesie01 »

sssns wrote: 21 May 2021, 16:14 I agree. Reaching our dreams is a process. It is not like jumping from point A to point B. There is a distance and a time that we have to cover to get there. The habits that we develop help to make us efficient and focused.
This is the perfect way to put it. I couldn't agree more, planning and hard work with good habits is the way to reach our dreams
The world belongs to those who read.
-Rick Holland
Joseph Dunn
Currently Reading: The Paris mysteries
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-dunn.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Joseph Dunn »

I agree with the blanket assertion that discouragement and distraction can be production killers; however, I think that depending on how you use them, they can lead to greater productivity. Distractions may be necessary from time to time, as being hyperfocused on productivity may lead to burnout; and being discouraged from futile behavior or direction inherently increases productivity. The key is not allowing these states (of discouragement and distraction) to be directing forces: learning to manage the emotions associated with discouragement and the habits associated with distraction can lead to life-enhancing changes.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Billboards Across America by D.J. Parsons

Post by Kendal Low »

I agree. However, I think it depends on the person. You have to realise that not everyone will be on board with your dreams or believe you're capable of achieving them, but it is up to us to work to achieve those dreams without needing everybody's approval. Some people may find that easier than others.

Return to “Discuss " Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer”