Overall rating and opinion of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through" by Jeff Meyer.
Bridget Ball 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridget-ball-1.html
Latest Review: A Script For Aspiring Women Leaders by Mark Villareal

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer

Post by Bridget Ball 1 »

So far, 3 out of four stars. I like the way the book is written in a conventional manner to address the reader. I found the Try This section insightful and even though they are sometimes simplistic, they are also something you don't always think about.
klsheets
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by klsheets »

I'm going to have to go with a 2 out of 4. The religious side of this book was just too much, and honestly a complete turn-off for me. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone to be honest, many of my highly religious friends would be turned off by the self-help side of the book. So disappointed too, I had high hopes for it.
SamaylaM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samaylam.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by SamaylaM »

The author's ideas, thoughts, and messages made this book inspirational. The "Try This" sections of the book made it engaging as well. However, it took a little time for me to get the hang of it (with the religious aspects). Otherwise, it was a good read.
Thus, I would give it a 3 out of 4 stars!

I would recommend it to readers of the Christian religion and readers who love exploring different perspectives.
Qer
Currently Reading: Immigrant Hustle
Bookshelf Size: 87

Post by Qer »

I like the simplicity of the book in general. It's quite easy to consume and the guided steps are also doable. I like how it often offers an opportunity to ponder and self-examine. The fact that it's based on Christianity and exalts Jesus as a good example for leaders is a plus. It seems to have been specially tailored for leaders so I was left wondering what if I'm just a regular person seeking to have more impact on this life, can I still read the book?
KanaSmriti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanasmriti.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior: Acolyte of Truth by Antoine Bonner

Post by KanaSmriti »

Though written in a Cristian perspective, its a very helpful book. It talks about dreams and there actualization. I liked how the author presented his point of view trough this book. It deserves a 4 out of 4 starts.
Gemjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gemjay.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Gemjay »

I'd rate the book 4 out 4 stars. The book is amazing and intentional. The author passes such an important message we need in our lives. First, I loved the statement that we need God-given visions in order to live a life of service.
Mohamadu Abdulai
Currently Reading: Next Stage
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Mohamadu Abdulai »

I will rate the book 7 out of 10. I loved the self help part of the book. That was my favourite part. The religious part got a bit too much and I didn't quite like that cause it makes the book appealing to only Christians.
DANAWEB
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danaweb.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by DANAWEB »

I would rate this book 3 out 4 stars. Even though the author intends to address this to leaders and aspiring leaders, the topics discussed in the book applies to any individual whether he is a leader or a follower. The author has ventured into many aspects of personal life as well as corporate world. The only downside being that overemphasizes on the spiritual aspects which will not appeal to the readers of other faiths.
Ahbed Nadir
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahbed-nadir.html
Latest Review: There's Always Tomorrow by Jim Carr

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

I loved the message of the book. I've been having a hard time deciding what I want to do with my life and the author's message to follow your dreams is exactly what I needed to hear. I especially liked the power of positive thinking that the book displayed. The exercises the author put down for us to do is something that I love and I already believe in the impact of the book. I'll rate this a 4 out of 4.
"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends"- Albus Dumbledore
_claudi_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-claudi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by _claudi_ »

Books like this tend to make the readers a bit confused, but I am glad the writer was able to make it easy to comprehend. In as much as we need other people to make our own dreams come true, we shouldn't lose track of our own dreams. I'll rate the book 4 out of 4.
aodonnell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aodonnell.html
Latest Review: Cristos Rising by B.T. Findley

Post by aodonnell »

I just finished reading and I'm trying to decide whether to rate it 2 or 3 stars out of 4. I feel like it was a little scattered, sometimes geared very specifically toward leaders and sometimes not. I also found it lacking in professional editing, which is a really big turn-off for me.
I did like that the chapters are short and simple, and the author recaps easily in the "try this" sections and gives practical steps to implement some changes. I think this book would be a great chapter-a-day read so that you can really soak up the lessons.
ROSEY-ANN
Favorite Book: Winning the War on Cancer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roseyann.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by ROSEY-ANN »

I would give a 4 out of 4 rating. I think the book is excellent as many could benefit from the practical advice given. The book was very relatable and easy to read which is a appealing. I definitely recommend Fear Not, Dream Big,& Execute by Jeff Meyer.
vivianhere

Post by vivianhere »

it is a great book. all of us as a child we all had big dream, but as we grow up we lose hope in our big dreams and began to think in the world of reality. but we should have not loses hope in those dream we should have made it come true. this is a inspiring book i would give it 5 out of 5.
angeljiezi
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute

Post by angeljiezi »

It's a book worth recommending to anyone who wants to be self-reliant and self-improvement, even if religious content is included. It can be a bedtime reading book for people over sixteen years old.

There are some useful and helpful ways to practice in this book, via some exercises and training, readers learn how to truly examine themselves, recognize themselves, and discover the meaning of self-identity, self-worth, and self-existence, these are like lighthouses in the vast sea, guiding everyone to find their own direction and route.
Fabulous mind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabulous-mind.html
Latest Review: The Last Panda by L.Z. smith

Post by Fabulous mind »

This is an engaging and interesting book to read. The author was relatable in giving his points. There are lots of package to get from this book too, ranging from how to make one's dream come true and many other exciting topics. It deserves a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

Return to “Discuss " Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer”