Overall rating and opinion of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer

Use this forum to discuss the May 2021 Book of the month, "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through" by Jeff Meyer.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for the May 2021 Book of the month, Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute: Tools To Spark Your Dream And Ignite Your Follow-Through by Jeff Meyer.

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
El_limitless
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-el-limitless.html
Latest Review: Public Hostage Public Ransom by William Bronston MD

Post by El_limitless »

I will rate the book 7 out of 10. I loved the self help part of the book. That was my favourite part. The religious part got a bit too much and I didn't quite like that cause it makes the book appealing to only Christians. I'll recommend the book to self help seekers and Christians.
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

I liked the author's message on our dreams, especially how we don't really find our dream because we're so used to being told by others what to do and think. However, I didn't agree with the author's many religious statements as it got preachy in tone. I would only recommend it to religious readers, as non-religious people will definitely not like this book.
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Saint Bruno »

This book deserves a four out of four rating for me. I think it's clear who the author's targeted audience is. So open-minded readers are welcome to read it if they so choose. I don't dislike anything about the book. And above all, the author's message of hope in fulfilling our dreams and purpose is my favorite aspect.
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

The author passed her message well, I give it a four out of four rating as this book really got through to me in finding my own dream.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

It inspired me to find a way to make my dreams come true. I loved the practical exercises like the one at the end of lesson 21 on the importance of planning and dreaming, with the instruction to declare: "I will ________ no matter what." The idea of finding a synergy between the dream and the plan is empowering.

I had to do a lot of mental gymnastics while reading, though: the religious aspect wasn't a good fit for me. This isn't exceptionally well edited either. It's good, but not amazing because of those issues.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Goral
Currently Reading: A Brief History of Time
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goral.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Goral »

I would rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. I like the author's message about following our dreams and I believe we alone can make efforts to realize our dreams. What I didn't like about the book was the religious aspect.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy books, and that's kind of the same thing
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I really like the concepts and the idea of dreaming big and doing things in your life that make you happy. It's unfortunate because I enjoyed a lot of the things written, but, it became too “sermonized” for me. The religious aspect got in the way of the deep thinking and self-help parts for me. This book seems like it is targeted more for people that have a strong faith and are comfortable with Christian beliefs. I applaud the author for putting his views out there and sharing. I would recommend this book but would also caution the reader of the religious content
yomide
Currently Reading: We are voulhire
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yomide.html
Latest Review: The Scarlet Queen: by Mitch Reinhardt

Post by yomide »

Goral wrote: 02 May 2021, 01:45 I would rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. I like the author's message about following our dreams and I believe we alone can make efforts to realize our dreams. What I didn't like about the book was the religious aspect.
Indeed it is a great book to help people realise their drrams. Although I think the religious part is overpowering, however, one cannot ignore its insipiring potential. It really deserve every star of its rating.
There is no point in trying to please a person who doesn't apreciate me. Besides, why do I have to try and please anyone in the first place?
Parahiyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-parahiyo.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by Parahiyo »

This book deserves a 4 out of 4 stars. The book explains how we can achieve our goals and dreams. I liked that the author involved some personal stories. I would recommend this book to anyone. Everyone can benefit from it.
jaym_tan
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaym-tan.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by jaym_tan »

I definitely give the book a rating of four out of four because of the author's wonderful message. Despite some of its religious nature, it is great self-help book for those who need encouragement to never give up on their dreams.
Sakura5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakura5.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sakura5 »

I would rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I personally didn't like that it was so centered on religious precepts, that is why I wouldn't give it a perfect score. But I agree with the author's idea that most dreams die even before being given a chance to grown just out of fear. I like the idea that we should fear less and dare to dream bigger. I would definitely not recommend the book to non-Christian people, otherwise, I think it would be quite inspirational and useful to religious people or people who don't mind religious concepts.
Hogwarts03
Currently Reading: Shatter Me
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hogwarts03.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Hogwarts03 »

I'd rate it 3 out of 4 stars as I really enjoyed the self help aspect of the book along with the push to never give up on goals and dreams. My only issue is that is specifically targeted towards Christians. I would definitely recommend it to any Christian friends.
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

This book deserves a rating of 4 out of 4 stars. The author delivers all his points in an engaging and relatable way. Anyone who is keen to turn their life around is guaranteed to benefit from this book. I love this book.
Archaeoptery
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archaeoptery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Archaeoptery »

I do like the part where the author wishes to help others follow there on dream but there was to much Christian ways. I would recommend this to any christians who are looking for a self-help book thought.

Return to “Discuss " Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute" by Jeff Meyer”