Meaning of life

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
PreciousExo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preciousexo.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Re: Meaning of life

Post by PreciousExo »

Life is the existence of something animate that is conscious and grows and for this to happen, creation has to take place first. I do agree that life is to create.
MBerretta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mberretta.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by MBerretta »

Yes. I agree with this. As long as the definition of "Create" is not strictly that of creating life. I think creating should be broader especially for those who are unable to physically create. If you can create art, write, create a safe place for others, literally anything positive that may contribute to society positively. I think that is still in this category.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

Sony Wilson wrote: 23 May 2021, 21:15 I think that life is simply to live freely, accomplish our desires that is by feeding our soul through taking risks. Every one of us possesses a different kind of energy which makes our paths vary. We are born in this world every time ultimately to reunite with the topmost energy -God.
I do not agree that we are to live only for our own desires. I do believe that part of our purpose is to create, and I believe we are constantly creating. I am creating this post right now. You created your post earlier. I also don't think our entire purpose is to create. I do believe ultimately that those who are Christ-followers will, as you said, "reunite with the top most energy, God." Thank you for sharing your opinions.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
cd20
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl

Post by cd20 »

Elon Gathungu wrote: 24 May 2021, 08:27 God created man in His likeness, therefore we have the capacity for creation. It is the uniqueness of our needs and desires that make what each individual creates in his or her life different. The combination of our unique creations in life forms the bigger picture in life. So yes, I think the purpose of life is to create both tangible and intangible creations based on our needs and desires.
I like the way you worded that. I knew God created us in His likeness, but I did not really think about how that does give us the capacity for creation. Although I do agree with it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
cd20

Post by cd20 »

PreciousExo wrote: 24 May 2021, 11:45 Life is the existence of something animate that is conscious and grows and for this to happen, creation has to take place first. I do agree that life is to create.
I believe we are constantly creating something and that is part of our meaning of life. I just do not believe that it is our whole purpose. Thank you for sharing your perspective.
Elendu Clement
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-clement.html
Latest Review: The Wanting Hearts by Nicole Jordan

Post by Elendu Clement »

I don't think that life has had a specified meaning. You choose what you want to define life as. We all view life from a different perspective, you definition of life might be driven towards finance while that of another is driven towards spirituality.
deeksha Gupta 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by deeksha Gupta 1 »

i agree with the author that meaning of life is to create. we have create our world according to our needs. if we want to achieve someting , we have to plan like that.
SiennaEllie
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siennaellie.html
Latest Review: Let's Help You Self-Help! by Anthony Jacob Braaten

Post by SiennaEllie »

It is an interesting perspective that the meaning of life is to create (I am assuming procreation) because this leads to questions like one we have created what is the point of us then. I suppose we will never really know the answer to that until we die (to see if there really is a God)
Honniker

Post by Honniker »

If the meaning of life is to create, would you still happily create if you were the only person on earth? I think for an author or painter, you might, for the satisfaction of creation comes from the internal process. The introverted creator would soldier on. But everyone else would be at loose ends. For extroverts, it would be a meaningless hell. And for an extroverted god, that hell would roll on for infinite time. So gods, if such things exist, are either extroverts creating worlds outside themselves, or introverts creating worlds in their minds. Quantum physics, which hints that nothing is actually real, suggests it’s the latter.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Elendu Clement wrote: 25 May 2021, 04:52 I don't think that life has had a specified meaning. You choose what you want to define life as. We all view life from a different perspective, you definition of life might be driven towards finance while that of another is driven towards spirituality.
I see what you are saying. I believe that part of the meaning of life IS to create. We are constantly creating something, whether in the field of finance, or spirituality, or whatever, we are always creating. I do agree that we all view life from a different perspective and people are not necessarily going to agree with each other on the meaning of life. Thank you for sharing your opinions.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

deeksha Gupta 1 wrote: 25 May 2021, 06:54 i agree with the author that meaning of life is to create. we have create our world according to our needs. if we want to achieve someting , we have to plan like that.
I think that creating is a part of the meaning of our lives, just not necessarily the whole part. Whether intentional or not, we are always creating. I am creating this post right now. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

SiennaEllie wrote: 25 May 2021, 11:12 It is an interesting perspective that the meaning of life is to create (I am assuming procreation) because this leads to questions like one we have created what is the point of us then. I suppose we will never really know the answer to that until we die (to see if there really is a God)
I think part of the meaning of life is to create, because we are always creating something, and not just procreating. I do not think it is the whole meaning of life, there is more than that. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Happymore Hilton

Post by Happymore Hilton »

....well I see like life at the end of the day it goes back to religion, as in what you believe directs your way of your living and what you have faith in fills your acts that creates your lifetime/life...
FariaS
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by FariaS »

I agree with the author that one of the main purpose of life is to create. Creating is something that one constantly does. Even our thoughts count in this way, whether intentional or unintentional.
oluwalonimi29
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwalonimi29.html
Latest Review: Radioland by m.e. Elzey

Post by oluwalonimi29 »

Living is to create.At every point,at every passing moment man must create. We create our memories, our present, possibly our future.
What man creates our of his existence is solely man's responsibility

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”