Meaning of life

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
Durgeshwari Dolas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-durgeshwari-dolas.html
Latest Review: Cold Serial: The Jack the Strangler Murders by Brian E. Forschner

Re: Meaning of life

Post by Durgeshwari Dolas »

I actually somewhat agree. because yes life basically revolves around birth-earn money to live- dead. but that's just so plain you know., at the deathbed you wont have anything to think of if you lived such boring life. i wont life is just about creation, it do relates to it. How you create your life is in your own hand. simple, adventures, boring it depends on you!
“We don’t need a list of rights and wrongs, tables of dos and don’ts: We need books, time, and silence. Thou shalt not is soon forgotten, but Once upon a time lasts forever.” – Philip Pullman
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

I think religious or not that creating is a part of our meaning of life. We are constantly creating stuff. I do agree that your religion does direct your way of living and what you have faith in. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
cd20
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl

Post by cd20 »

oluwalonimi29 wrote: 26 May 2021, 05:07 Living is to create.At every point,at every passing moment man must create. We create our memories, our present, possibly our future.
What man creates our of his existence is solely man's responsibility
I agree that living is to create. We are constantly creating, like you said, memories, our present, etc. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and perspective.
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Aishwarya KG wrote: 26 May 2021, 07:37 I stand in the middle of the discussion. we have to create lots of memories in life because when we look back after years , that's the only thing that stands still. But whatever we create, its supposed to be good and give us positive vibe such that we cherish them.
We are constantly creating. We are creating new memories, text messages, art, or whatever it is that we are pursuing. I don't see living without creating. Thank you for sharing your perspective.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Honniker wrote: 25 May 2021, 16:46 If the meaning of life is to create, would you still happily create if you were the only person on earth? I think for an author or painter, you might, for the satisfaction of creation comes from the internal process. The introverted creator would soldier on. But everyone else would be at loose ends. For extroverts, it would be a meaningless hell. And for an extroverted god, that hell would roll on for infinite time. So gods, if such things exist, are either extroverts creating worlds outside themselves, or introverts creating worlds in their minds. Quantum physics, which hints that nothing is actually real, suggests it’s the latter.
I think part of the meaning of life is to create because we are constantly creating. I think if you were the only person on earth you would still create (meals and such), but happily? Probably not. Thank you for sharing your opinions.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Durgeshwari Dolas wrote: 26 May 2021, 11:45 I actually somewhat agree. because yes life basically revolves around birth-earn money to live- dead. but that's just so plain you know., at the deathbed you wont have anything to think of if you lived such boring life. i wont life is just about creation, it do relates to it. How you create your life is in your own hand. simple, adventures, boring it depends on you!
Azcxdqsxz
I think part of our meaning of life is to create. We are constantly creating something, memories, posts, art for those who are artists etc. I don't think that is necessarily just to procreate. I do believe our lives are what we make of it as well, and that is going to look different for everyone. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
gina_rae73
Favorite Book: Wasting Time
Currently Reading: The Poe Consequence
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gina-rae73.html
Latest Review: A Spiritual Dog: "Bear" by J. Wesley Porter

Post by gina_rae73 »

the author's insight is refreshing. Her take on life is positive and enlightening! I really like that she describes, in detail, the heartwarming story of the origin of the book's title. Life is how you choose to live it and this lady has lived so much of her life helping others. Very good read.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

gina_rae73 wrote: 30 May 2021, 06:25 the author's insight is refreshing. Her take on life is positive and enlightening! I really like that she describes, in detail, the heartwarming story of the origin of the book's title. Life is how you choose to live it and this lady has lived so much of her life helping others. Very good read.
Yes, the author's insight was refreshing. I am glad you enjoyed the book. I believe the meaning of life is about creating, because we are constantly creating. In that creating you can choose how to live it. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.
G_CReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-g-creads.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by G_CReads »

According to the author, life means to "create". Man is charged with the responsibility of making the world what he wants it to be by causing a change. Life is all about creating what we want with our hands. We make our dreams come true by creating it with our own hands. Man ought to be an agent of change. Life is all about creating!!
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Gospel Francis wrote: 31 May 2021, 02:45 According to the author, life means to "create". Man is charged with the responsibility of making the world what he wants it to be by causing a change. Life is all about creating what we want with our hands. We make our dreams come true by creating it with our own hands. Man ought to be an agent of change. Life is all about creating!!
I agree that part of the meaning of life is to create. We are constantly creating stuff, but I do not think that is the only meaning of life. I don't necessarily agree that life "is all about creating what we want with our hands." We don't always get what we want, nor should we. Thank you for sharing your opinions.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I do not agree with the author. We can choose to create, but I don’t believe this is the sole purpose in life. We make our lives what we want it to be. Every person chooses what their purpose can be and will be , that being said , one does not HAVE to create to be purposeful
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

Indeed, the meaning of life is to create, for we are all blessed with highly creative and imaginative minds that seek to bring something out of nothing. However, I do not think that life is limited merely to creation. We are also tasked with the burden of maintaining, of protecting, of regulating all things that have been created so they do not become a danger to us.
Ghuddie eso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie-eso.html
Latest Review: Jesus, Prosperity Gospel and Poverty in Africa by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Ghuddie eso »

I agree with the author here. The meaning of life is to create, in the sense that all we do on earth is seek to create a good life for ourselves and for the next generation.
Mahdis Sadeghi
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahdis-sadeghi.html
Latest Review: Eggstravagant Easter Eggs by Maya Elston

Post by Mahdis Sadeghi »

Each person needs to create something in their lives to be useful in this whole universe. But I don't believe life has just one purpose to create. Life is to enjoy the little things around us, the people we love, and nature. I believe another purpose of life is to try to become a better person and helping other people who need our help. We should try to make our world a better place either for humans, nature, or animals.
cd20

Post by cd20 »

Suzer6440 xyz wrote: 31 May 2021, 21:50 I do not agree with the author. We can choose to create, but I don’t believe this is the sole purpose in life. We make our lives what we want it to be. Every person chooses what their purpose can be and will be , that being said , one does not HAVE to create to be purposeful
I do not believe that creating is the sole purpose of life, but I do believe it is a big part of the meaning of our lives. We are constantly creating. New memories, books, posts, etc. I do not think we have to create to be purposeful, but we are creating, so it is part of the purpose. Thank you for sharing your opinions.

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”