What was your favourite quote (from the book) and why?

Use this forum to discuss the April 2021 Book of the month, "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom: A Quest for Meaning in the Bathroom, the Boardroom and Beyond" by Trish Ostroski.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

What was your favourite quote (from the book) and why?

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

The author has included many inspirational quotes in her book, at the end of each chapter. What was your favourite?

My favourite was,
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short, but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
-Michelangelo-
Muzafar Iqbal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muzafar-iqbal.html
Latest Review: Living Abroad: Challenging the Myths of Expat Life by Jim Santos

Post by Muzafar Iqbal »

My favourite quote was,

"Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old."

By Franz Kafka
Bridgetbruso99
Currently Reading: MY FRIEND Marilyn
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgetbruso99.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Bridgetbruso99 »

"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short, but in setting the aim too low, and achieving our mark." -Michaelangelo
People have a tendency to crave praise for their accomplishments more than striving for a higher achievement. I think the best example of this is when JFK wanted us to go to the moon. We aimed higher and best out the competition by not limiting the ability.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Truth and Evil
Bookshelf Size: 744
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Post by Bertha Jackson »

“No matter how bad things are, you’ve got to go on living, even if it kills you,” by Sholen Aleichem was my favorite quote because it reminded me of the time when I had to tell my children and grandchildren that my husband had died. For a long time after his death, I had a hard time facing life in general.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
SweetSourSalty AndSpicy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweetsoursalty-andspicy.html
Latest Review: The Past Speaks by Geoff McCue

Post by SweetSourSalty AndSpicy »

Lesson learned: there are diamonds in the rough that don’t exactly pop out like diamonds at first glance, but you need to hang in to uncover the jewel. That applies to people, as well. Location 350.
Sometimes, we need patience to let people grow into us and discover their unique beauty and value.
jaym_tan
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaym-tan.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by jaym_tan »

Since Franz Kafka is my favorite author, I love this quote of his: "Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old." For me it means that as people grow old they often lose sight of the beauty in a lot of things, even the simplest ones. I could understand this in a way because we lose our innocence and see many ugly sides of life that comes with growing up. If we just embraced our inner child again, we will be able to appreciate the beauty in things.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

My favorite quote amongst others is “ we all have meaning for other people, and we need to do a stronger job of protecting that and recognizing that” - it’s the little things that are so important
Deval Sodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deval-sodha.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Deval Sodha »

Sushan wrote: 01 Apr 2021, 01:34 The author has included many inspirational quotes in her book, at the end of each chapter. What was your favourite?

My favourite was,
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short, but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
-Michelangelo-
My favourite quote from the book is, "We all have meaning for other people, and we need to do a stronger job of protecting that and recognizing that."
Through this quote author raises the soul of the reader by telling him that each one of us are important and precious to someone, and we need to live life to the fullest to maintain their feelings.
Goral
Currently Reading: A Brief History of Time
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goral.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Goral »

Though I liked every single quote in the book, but this one is my favourite:
"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short, but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark."
I loved this quote because it's inspiring, and in a way encourages us to think big.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy books, and that's kind of the same thing
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

"Story sharing can enhance awareness and allow us to explore the human condition. Stories can improve human relations, performance, ethics, team spirit, understanding, and more."

-Trish Ostroski.

That's why I love books because I get to be exposed to other stories, I become someone different from me by reading. I become a new character. I loved the above quote so much because of this.
lani_21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by lani_21 »

My favorite quote is, "Going through disasters or tragic incidents brings out the awareness of the need for empathy and understanding." This quote is timely for us. We are experiencing disasters that make people think that life is too short. We need to understand each and everyone's feelings and needs.
raj_nandani_poet
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raj-nandani-poet.html
Latest Review: The Last City of America by Matthew Tysz

Post by raj_nandani_poet »

This is my favorite quote:

"Youth is happy because it has the capacity to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old."
- Franz Kafka

This just touches the nerve.
Ari Martinez
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Victoria's Choice
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ari-martinez.html
Latest Review: Finding A Way Forward by Karen Games

Post by Ari Martinez »

My favorite quote was “To become truly great, one has to stand with people, not above them.” - Charles de Montesquieu
I really like the message of it. I do believe it is important to always stay humble and connected to others, and never believe that you are above others due to your social status or wealth.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

My favorite quote is "Keep your face to the sunshine, and you can never see the shadows."-Helen Keller
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
simo12
Currently Reading: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom!
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by simo12 »

“No matter how bad things are, you’ve got to go on living, even if it kills you,” by Sholen Aleichem was my best, this just touches the nerve.

Return to “Discuss "There's a Rooster in My Bathroom" by Trish Ostroski”