Has the God deceived us?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2021 Book of the month, "The Biblical Clock: The Untold Secrets Linking the Universe and Humanity with God’s Plan" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon
zulfiyya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zulfiyya.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Re: Has the God deceived us?

Post by zulfiyya »

I don't think this is true. I think this is just a stretch to fit the possibility of a God into the context of the scientific discoveries humans have made.
Ayindelaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayindelaw.html
Latest Review: The Raven's Trail (Book 1) by Liz D. Marx

Post by Ayindelaw »

I don't think that it's true. Science hasn't got it all wrong. Science has been mostly right. Yeah, the earth may not be that old, as the rocks used for dating might have originated elsewhere, but evidence from the bible also shows that the earth is old. At least dragons, cockatrice were mentioned
Innovations are usually the result of desperate times
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Post by LinaMueller »

No scientific hypothesis about the creation of the universe can be proven empirically. Nowadays, the Big Bang is the most fashionable theory, but no scientist can create laboratory life from nothing. As the human being does not know what happened, it is impossible to draw conclusions about what God wanted or how everything was done. The truth is that the human being thinks he knows a lot, but he still has a lot to understand.
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Alice Ngugi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-ngugi.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Alice Ngugi »

I hold the opinion that God is not deceptive. I believe that it is still a mystery of how old the earth really is. Maybe Science got it all wrong.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I don’t think God has deceived us. If a person believes in God, he/she accepts everything that comes from him.
Cwilde13
Currently Reading: Watership Down
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwilde13.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cwilde13 »

I do not think that this is true. Why would God want to decieve us? Is he not the diety of a religion that preaches faith and trust as some of the most important concepts in life to uphold in His name? As an all powerful entity, I believe he would want to start his creation from the very beginning. He put the Big Bang in motion and then proceeded to admire the growth and evolution that happened before His very eyes. Why would he have wanted to jump into something part way when time means nothing to him?
Paige125
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Paige125 »

God has not deceived us. He created it all and everything that has happened or will happen are all in his plan, the ways of God can not be analyzed neither can his purpose or intention be questioned. The fact that there are many things science can't explain, brings us closer to the truth that God surely has a plan for the world.
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

No, I don't believe our creator has deliberately lied to us unless it is through a lie of omission. I do believe that their concept of 'time' is profoundly different from ours, if, indeed, they even have a concept of time. Remember that MEN wrote the bible. They were tasked with putting into words we could understand a timelime they themselves would have struggled with. I think that's where the 'disconnect' occured, not through a deliberate lie but through the limited knowledge and understanding of men. Thus, we find artifacts that seem contradictory. The creator's 'timeline' and that of mankind simply do not 'mesh' with one another.
Books are my self-medication. 8)
CGO
Currently Reading: The Mindset
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cgo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by CGO »

I don't think that God deceived us. God created all from nothing. The scientists could only create things from already existing materials.
Laila_Hashem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laila-hashem.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Laila_Hashem »

I see no reason why this deception would be true. Findings like these are the ones that fuel the 'science vs religion' debates and cast some individuals into unbelief. We'll never know the truth for sure, but I can't find a arguement that would support this.
Timothy Rucinski
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Dead Bob
Currently Reading: The Nutmeg of Consolation
Bookshelf Size: 605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-timothy-rucinski.html
Latest Review: The Socratic Contract by D C Russell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 81
2024 Goal Completion: 24%

Post by Timothy Rucinski »

I don't believe in this hypothesis at all. First of all, from a personal perspective, I don't believe in a God who would sit down, as if at an artisan's bench, and decide to create a universe to look old so that the inhabitants of a solitary planet would be deceived. Secondly, scientific evidence is strong and I will side with science every time when it comes to the timeline for the creation of the Universe. And lastly, if something like this were to be a tenet of a religion in which I practiced, then I would go out and find another religion.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I do not believe that God deceives us. We fail to understand what "holy" means. We know that He created Adam and Eve as adults. There are many things in the world that we do not yet understand. We are not gods, and there are many things God asks us to accept by faith. Discovering things that we do not understand does not make God deceitful.
PreciousExo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-preciousexo.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by PreciousExo »

God has not deceived us and he never will. There is a limit to what science can prove even with years of research.
Dimi1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimi1.html
Latest Review: One Woman's Long and Lonely Walk by Gail Hart

Post by Dimi1 »

It seems like a rather simplistic interpretation by the author. Moreover, it's not based in any historical evidence. This makes me highly sceptical and, as a result, I do not think that we've been deceived.
Suzer6440 xyz
Favorite Book: Pearl River Mansion
Currently Reading: Five Total Strangers
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

I do not think that God had deceived us.but I do I feel strongly that creating a universe is something big to wrap my head around . Everyone has their own opinion but it is a very deep topic!! God does amazing things - we have to believe and keep the faith

Return to “Discuss "The Biblical Clock" by Daniel Friedmann, Dania Sheldon”