Prince Caspian- by C. S.Levis

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
syeda rabia gillani
Bookshelf Size: 0

Prince Caspian- by C. S.Levis

Post by syeda rabia gillani »

Prince Caspian
by C.S Levis
Prince Caspian is a high fantasy book for children and early teenagers written by C. S Levis and published by Geoffrey Bles in 1951. This fantasy filled book with its amazing and magical events would leave everyone star struck however according to me the book is actually for children because if late teenagers and adults prefer reading it they wont be satisfied as it contains content which is very unrealistic. The plot contains a lot of twists and turns keeping the reader engaged and the chemistry and bonding between the four friends make the story more interesting. This fictional book contains adventures, emotions, super powers, friendship and much more. It also contains bits of humor at some point which means that the book is a combination of different events and a compilation of every kind of emotion. You'll be surprised to read the diversity of events and places described in the book which give you flamboyant thoughts. When I was young, I read this book and used to read it to my friends as it was a pleasant book for me to read at that time. Once again, this book is not that surprising to me, now, in my late teenage which clearly shows that it is for children and early teenagers only and a pleasant time pass so I'd love to prefer it to them as it is an increase in vocabulary and much more for children. :) :) :)

Thank You
s.rabia
Ksharmilla
Currently Reading: Going Wild
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ksharmilla.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Ksharmilla »

I still love this book, the entire series in fact. Love the movie too.
Britty01
Favorite Book: Will's Red Coat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britty01.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Britty01 »

I love the whole series of the Chronicles of Narnia. I was first introduced to The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe between the age of 6 and 7 years old. After that I read The Magician's Nephew. Prince Caspian followed quite a few years later. I believe I became an avid reader of C S Lewis because of these books. I think the enjoyment of them depends on just how much the reader sees in the depth of the story.

The movies were particularly well done and Prince Caspian was enjoyable as the 'children' by that time had become young adults.
MsLisa
Currently Reading: Twisted But True
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mslisa.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by MsLisa »

I got the entire collection of the Narnia series as a gift one Christmas and I absolutely love all the books and the first two movies (in the most recent movie additions). I read it probably around the age of twelve but I sometimes reread them aloud with my younger siblings and am never bored. The thing about C.S Lewis' series is that it contains a lot of imagery and symbolism that I wouldn't have been able to interpret when I was younger so the second readings now are still interesting because I discover the hidden meaning of the narratives that my younger self missed.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

I loved the Chronicles of Narnia when I was a child and watched all the movies that were made. It brings quite good memories and I will definitely read them to my children if I ever have any.
Nisha Ward
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

Prince Caspian was definitely a fun read, but I much prefer Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Caspian is older in that one and more experienced, and you get more development for Edmund and Lucy. It was truly one of my favourites.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
flaming_quills
Currently Reading: Americanah
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flaming-quills.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Post by flaming_quills »

I definitely agree this book is mostly targeted towards children because I read it when I was much younger and recently left it unfinished when I tried to reread it. I didn't find it boring or irritating, just unbelievable like you mentioned. The twists and turns were not something I could find myself envisioning and I had to come to the conclusion that sadly, I had grown too old for the book.
Lexi_22
Currently Reading: Shadow in the Deep
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Lexi_22 »

"A children's story which is only enjoyed by children is a bad children's story," -C. S. Lewis
"Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again." -C. S. Lewis

The book Prince Caspian, as well as the whole Chronicles of Narnia series, was written for a younger audience but that does not mean that you can't enjoy them as an adult. There seem to be deeper, more mature themes in these books that an older person may pick up on and a younger person may not pick up on. They can be, and are, enjoyed by all, the young and the old.
magnoparisi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnoparisi.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater

Post by magnoparisi »

As a fan of C.S. Lewis's writing, I must confess that Prince Caspian is the third or fourth book in the Narnia series, depending upon how you count. As such it is much easier to follow after reading the first few books in the series.

If you were familiar with any of the Narnia series then you would understand that the series is an allegory of the life of Christ (Lion Witch and the Wardrobe) and how His message affects Christians in their earthly journey. Well, "The Last Battle" is an allegory of the battle at the end of the Thousand year reign of Christ, and the recreation of heaven and earth at the end of the book of Revelations.
iced_sunshine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iced-sunshine.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by iced_sunshine »

I absolutely loved the movie when I was younger. A few years later I went back and decided to give the book a chance and I've never looked back. It was written more for children but I enjoyed it a ton and never hesitate to recommend it to my younger siblings.
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

magnoparisi wrote: 22 May 2019, 18:43 As a fan of C.S. Lewis's writing, I must confess that Prince Caspian is the third or fourth book in the Narnia series, depending upon how you count. As such it is much easier to follow after reading the first few books in the series.

If you were familiar with any of the Narnia series then you would understand that the series is an allegory of the life of Christ (Lion Witch and the Wardrobe) and how His message affects Christians in their earthly journey. Well, "The Last Battle" is an allegory of the battle at the end of the Thousand year reign of Christ, and the recreation of heaven and earth at the end of the book of Revelations.
I read this book during my first year at university and I really enjoyed it. I guess I still am quite young at heart in some ways. I started with the Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe. I think I must have read three of the books in the series but not in order. They are great books especially if you understand its message.
lettiebeth
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by lettiebeth »

I grew up on all seven of the Chronicles and still re-read them every few years as an adult. One of my most treasured Christmas gifts ever was a version with the original illustrations by Pauline Bayne in color that my brother gave to me. That's the set I still read.
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe, will, I think, always be my favorite of all, but Prince Caspian has run a close second. On my most recent re-reading I discovered that I actually appreciate The Silver Chair and The Last Battle far more as an adult than I did as a kid. Puddleglum's declaration of belief in The Silver Chair is one of my favorite bits of the whole series. It's beautiful and inspiring, all while keeping a child's interest.
Honestly, you can't go wrong with Narnia.
Jennashby_87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennashby-87.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B07CZMMQPM

Post by Jennashby_87 »

I loved everything about Narnia and I have seen the movies more times than I care to count but I actually haven’t read all of the books yet. My list of books I plan on reading next keeps getting longer and longer!
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

I also read this book when I was younger, and it is an interesting book with marvellous plot twists.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

Just a note: The name of the author of Prince Caspian is C.S. Lewis, not C.S. Levis.

Return to “Classic Books”