To kill a mockingbird

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Littlecandle
Favorite Book: Pancake Money
Currently Reading: Code Name: Dodger: Operation Rubber Soul
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlecandle.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Re: To kill a mockingbird

Post by Littlecandle »

To Kill a Mockingbird is one of my all-time favorite books. I've read it more than five times, I think. The first time I read it was when I was in my elementary years. And even when I was already in college, I still read it. Until someone borrowed my book and never returned it to me.
Charcbell
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Charcbell »

This book will always be a timeless clasic. Read it in 9th grade also saw the movie. Beautifully written.
lakensteele20

Post by lakensteele20 »

This book will make you fall in love all over again. Yes, a MUST READ!!!!
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

I loved this book from my childhood and often think I should read it again. I also wonder about whether or not to read the Harper Lee sequel/prequel. Has anyone read it or have a view?
Bookreviewer33

Post by Bookreviewer33 »

This book is amazing a book you want to keep forever that one book that you could read over and over again and never get bored to kill a mocking bird is its name i wish i found this book earlier its just too good definitly recommend for other people
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

This book is great! I read it while I was young, though I think that I should reread it. Maybe I will appreciate it more now that I am older.
~Roxie~
Shianneb25

Post by Shianneb25 »

Omg I absolutely love this book I’ve read it multiple times and still loves it
paulkinyuao+

Post by paulkinyuao+ »

This book will be read by my children's' children's' children.

Less they revoke my name and bloodline. What a book.
WardahEbrahim
Currently Reading: Little Women
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wardahebrahim.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by WardahEbrahim »

Wolfsbane Creations wrote: 26 May 2014, 10:19 Amazing book but it has been axed from the national curriculum
This is terrible to hear. I think books like these are important for our youth, because it the start of them realizing active and mindful empathy and understanding I think.
Fishlegs

Post by Fishlegs »

I read this book last year for an online book club and the beginning was rather rocky, but as the book progressed I grew to love Scout and her character but for the entirety of the book... I was a bit lost. I didn’t really understand the plot or how certain things tied into each other. In all honesty I didn’t love the book and wouldn’t recommend it but don’t let that stop you from reading it, it really does have a lot of potential.
Laila_Hashem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laila-hashem.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Laila_Hashem »

This post is very old, but anyone who is looking for a PDF version, google is your best friend. I would love for everyone to purchase a copy, but some copies are also not the original, so internet!
kelso9326
Favorite Book: Life Expectancy
Currently Reading: Grimm's Complete Fairy Tales
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelso9326.html
Latest Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Post by kelso9326 »

I loved this book so much. It was one of the books I had to read for school that I actually enjoyed.
ratpizza
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62

Post by ratpizza »

I had to read this book for during high school. Honestly, I wasn't a big fan of it. I though that they dragged out the courtroom scenes for far too long. However, a lot of kids in my class really liked it. To each their own I guess.
Mohammedlee1994

Post by Mohammedlee1994 »

The book's beginning was initially hard to like. It didn't seem interesting at all but I guess that's why we say to don't judge a book by its cover. The story progressively improved and by the time I got halfway through there was no turning back. There's something about the perspective of a child that reminds us of our good nature and optimistic take on life despite the evils. Atticus was the hero we all aspire to be and a father we would all be proud to have. He was by far my favorite character in the book mainly because of how he opposed the racial system back then. The book is a classic for a reason and would remain so for decades to come.
Kathleenriordan
Currently Reading:

Post by Kathleenriordan »

I love this book its teaches about the history that people faced during the depression. Well worth the read!!

Return to “Classic Books”