Review of The Trail of Conflict by Emilie Baker Loring

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
AuthoressofMystery
Currently Reading: Finding Poe
Bookshelf Size: 342
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-authoressofmystery.html
Latest Review: "Learn English, Spanish, French, German, Turkish and Persian - Vocabulary Book Series" by Vahid Asghari
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review of The Trail of Conflict by Emilie Baker Loring

Post by AuthoressofMystery »

The Trail of Conflict by Emilie Baker Loring was written as a contemporary novel in 1922, but now serves as an inspirational read. It reminds us of the courage and grace a "Modern Girl" must have to take life's difficulties and disruptions and turn them into adventures, laughter and true love.
The Trail of Conflict begins in bustling New York City a few years after The Great War and shortly before The Great Depression.
It is a heartwarming story of selfless love, adventure and betrayal.
When Socialite want-to-be Geraldine (Jerry) and Upper-Crest Steven agreed to commit to a loveless arranged marriage to gain affluence and save the family fortune, it was simply an obligation to be fulfilled. With a mutual pact of faithfulness without love, they embark on the uncharted sea of matrimony with little illusions of romance...until the petite and recently divorced Felice Peyton, Steven's old flame arrives.
Tension is heightened and trust and loyalty are tested as the newlyweds leave glittering New York City to relocate to a rural, secluded ranch in the West at the bequest of a loved one.

I found The Trail of Conflict by Emilie Baker Loring to be refreshing and full of surprises with rich and fascinating characters. I loved watching the characters grow - Gerry from a spoiled girl raised to please her father to a young woman strong enough to stand on her own and Steven, the cold, reserved albeit wealthy bachelor to a man able to see past societal classes and learn lessons in loyalty and true, selfless love. I was on tenterhooks through most of the book and was pleasantly surprised by the ending - which was a classic Emilie Loring ending.
The best part of reading The Trail of Conflict by Emilie Baker Loring was being transported back in time when loyalty and love were more than just vague ideas of kindness and affection, a time when people understood what true hardship meant and how to rise above it all with poise, love and laughter.
Truly an enjoyable and inspirational read, even for those who generally don't like Romance or Westerns.
Latest Review: "Learn English, Spanish, French, German, Turkish and Persian - Vocabulary Book Series" by Vahid Asghari
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

I have always loved books which transports me back in time. I love that this book has that aspect.
Mariam369
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mariam369 »

From my reading of the book's summary, I found that it is somewhat similar to other stories, but my view may change upon reading it completely.

Return to “Classic Books”