Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy (Spoilers)

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TessDub
Bookshelf Size: 0

Tess of the D'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy (Spoilers)

Post by TessDub »

Hello Online Book Club it is nice to meet you :D ! I am a year 12 student and I LOVE books. Currently for my English subject I have to, and have, read Tess of the D'Urbervilles. I love the book and can state that this is the best literature book I have read. 5 days ago I received my English assignment which states that I must fill a story gap in the novel in the style as Hardy (600-800 words). As you could imagine trying to imitate such a masterful writer is nigh impossible so I want as much time as I can get. I have given this 'story gap' a LOT of thought over the last few days or so but have only managed to find one gap, and it is quite obvious :cry: . (MAJOR SPOILER ALERT BELOW)

The gap is Tess giving birth to her child, Sorrow, which for 2 reasons I do not particularly want to cover. 1. Is because this is what 90% of the class is doing and most of these people haven't even read the book. 2. Because I think that Hardy purposely left this gap a gap and that adding to it would not be in the 'style of Hardy'. 3. My teacher has stated that there are many small gaps which would be better for this topic, and I know their are many, but I am having trouble finding them. I am hoping that you, Online Book Club, could possible help a young unexperienced book reader like myself out and that I may then be able to help out others. :D :mrgreen: :) :D :o

~ xx Tess
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Welcome!

Good luck with your assignment, but please note we are not a forum for getting someone else to do your homework.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Classic Books”