Your Favorite Works of Classic Literature

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BCooper95
Bookshelf Size: 0

Your Favorite Works of Classic Literature

Post by BCooper95 »

Hello all, this last semester I took an honors class that was a humanities-based English class and it was simply amazing. In the class I was exposed to many renowned authors and their works such as Ernest Hemingway, Thomas Hardy, Virginia Woolfe, Annie Proulx, Mark Twain, etc. and really rekindled my love for reading.

In the class we were given a free online resource that many of you may know about (I'm new to the website as of just a few minutes ago, so I don't know how popular it is) called Project Gutenberg. In short, Project Gutenberg is committed to archiving and making accessible books that are available to the public domain; books that are no longer under copyright laws. There are thousands of books on the website that can be read in HTML format or downloaded as either a Kindle file, which you can transfer with ease to your Kindle, or as an EPUB file.

Currently I'm reading Gullivers Travels by Jonathon Swift and I'm on part 4 about to finish the story and was wondering what your favorite pieces of classic literature are? I think I'm going to read A Tale of Two Cities but I'm really curious to hear what some other great stories are!
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James