Mill on The Floss by George Eliott

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
meena_bakkam
Bookshelf Size: 0

Mill on The Floss by George Eliott

Post by meena_bakkam »

I read this book on the recommendation of a friend. Its a great classic and brought me to tears.
David Dawson
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-dawson.html
Latest Review: "The Mystery Factor" by Michael Brightman

Post by David Dawson »

I can't agree enough with this. I love George Eliot anyway, so I was always going to be biased but have just got round to reading The Mill on the Floss and, in addition to everything else that's great about her, it left me in tears. And I don't cry a huge amount when reading. Of the Eliot I have read - everything except Romola and Daniel Deronda, which I hope to get to in the next few months - I think only Middlemarch is better. And I think Middlemarch is the greatest novel in the English language. I finished it too recently to be able to properly put it in context, but I'm tempted to think The Mill on the Floss is the second greatest.
Latest Review: "The Mystery Factor" by Michael Brightman
Alpona
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alpona.html

Post by Alpona »

A good book, offers something more. Exemplary depiction of love which brought tears!
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

I read this book at school. I enjoyed reading it. I could not believe it could have a sad ending. No matter how many times I reread it the ending just could not change.
Sithmi
Currently Reading: Honest Endings
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sithmi.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sithmi »

Mill on the Floss by George Eliot is a very interesting story. it would actually bring tears to the readers' eyes.

Return to “Classic Books”