Little Women

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lwahls2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lwahls2.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Re: Little Women

Post by lwahls2 »

This is definitely one of my favorite books. Heartwarming and a down to earth, this book recalls a simpler time in life that sometimes I wish we could go back to. The new movie is coming out soon and I can’t wait to see it!
Laura Martin

“Because when you are imagining, you might as well imagine something worthwhile.”
― Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Rasec15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Rasec15 »

I loved Little Women by Louisa May Alcott! It is such a great story about family and friends, and an especially great read for girls. I am in High school and I love it. I could see younger girls reading it, as long as they can understand the kind of formal and kind of slang dialect. The relationship between Teddy and Jo and the other sisters is the best, because you can see their friendship blossom and how close they are throughout the entire book. Although their dad goes off to fight in the war, there are no battle scenes. Readers will fall in love with the March family.
booksandbeers
Currently Reading: Misreading Judas
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by booksandbeers »

Hi! Is anyone currently reading this book?
Im in love with it, so cute
Laryssa Ealker
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Laryssa Ealker »

I have read this book numerous times and seem to enjoy it more each time. I love the strengh of the March sisters. This book shows independent women in a time when women were frowned upon for such things. This book invites you in each time, like an old friend.
13_billieeilish

Post by 13_billieeilish »

I really enjoyed the book. I liked how the characters develop throughout the story from the first chapter to the last. For example and without wanting to ruin the story for anyone, Jo, a character in the story, was very boyish in the beginning, but she morphed into a fine, young lady. The plot is enthralling. I am 10 and I could not put the book down. This a book for all ages, it is funny and sad.
nehasingh
Currently Reading:

Post by nehasingh »

i m very choosy about classic books but little women won my heart it was different , unpredictable it keeps you glued to what happens next it has everything its gives you moral,heartbreak ,happiness and also tells you about women empowerment and it tells you about family importance and importance of being a friend about love as far as character goes i m like amy responsible mature little bit lady
Twylla
Favorite Author: Jude Austin
Favorite Book: Project Tau
Currently Reading: Intwine
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twylla.html
Latest Review: Contagion Domination by William Nisol
fav_author_id: 165843

Post by Twylla »

This was one of the first books I checked out of the library as a child. I read it almost every other year. I always enjoy it! Thanks!
Carolreads30
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carolreads30.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by Carolreads30 »

One of my favorite reads as a teenager. I believe that the characters are believable and that many young women looked to these characters as role models.
Brooke_4

Post by Brooke_4 »

I enjoyed this book, but not as much as I was expecting to. I’ve heard amazing things about this book for most of my life and went in with high expectations. However, this was not a book format or topic type that I usually read. I read all the way through and did enjoy some parts more than others, but it was not my favorite book. I believe it is a classic and a good book to read and learn amazing lessons from, however I do not believe it is a book for every one.
xuanmaii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xuanmaii.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by xuanmaii »

This book is regarded as one of the best about women and feminism. I believe reading it is worthwhile!
Musk doaab
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-musk-doaab.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Musk doaab »

By the time, I read Little women, my preference has moved on. I liked the story in general terms but not greatly in terms of reading. Jo March was a very strong character and must be unique considering the era it was written in but I liked Amy more. In my opinion,women nowadays myself included are too much like Jo. So, I liked Amy more and wanted to be a bit like her, talented, graceful and the ability to lead a great household which meant handling men, smartly and generously.
diamonnd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diamonnd.html
Latest Review: The Most Popular Freak in School by Crystal Tyler (Tyler Lormel)

Post by diamonnd »

Little Women is definitely still one of my top three favorite books. It never gets old no matter how many times I read it and I can't wait to see how it translates into the movie. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm excited to!
Elizabeth Jain
Currently Reading:

Post by Elizabeth Jain »

My favorite read for a young reader, who is starting the journey into the world of books. In fact, when I was pregnant with my baby girl, I got an abridged copy for her to some day read and cherish. The world of the March girls is something you can step into again and again and not feel bored. Now that a new film adaptation is out, the story has reached a bigger audience and is more widely appreciated. But any day, I keep the book over the film!
Thea Frederick
Currently Reading: Little Dorrit
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thea-frederick.html
Latest Review: How to Cope: Parenting a Child with Special Needs by Christine E. Staple Ebanks

Post by Thea Frederick »

I completely agree with you, samanthas2686. I love Little Women and I think it is such a beautiful tale of familial love and loyalty.
-Thea M. Frederick
Sarah_McGregor810
Currently Reading: West
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-mcgregor810.html
Latest Review: Uther: A Tale Untold by Michael F. Maiello

Post by Sarah_McGregor810 »

I recently finished reading this book. Whenever I see a movie coming out that I know is adapted from a novel, I try and read the book before seeing the movie. With the new Little Women movie coming out, I decided to read this book for the first time ever.

I had extremely high expectations. It seems like everyone I know had read the book at one point or another and they all loved the story. I was not blown away, though I still enjoyed the story. I was most impressed with Amy's character development and there were several other parts of the book that I never saw coming, which I thought was great!

I have yet to see the movie, but it is on my list and I can't wait to compare the book to the movie.

Return to “Classic Books”