Romeo and Juliet

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mohamed benziane
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mohamed-benziane.html
Latest Review: Don't Mind Me, I'm Just Having a Bad Life by Lewis Kempfer
fav_author_id: 2072

Re: Romeo and Juliet

Post by mohamed benziane »

I never actually read the book but I saw the movie and I know the story, i actually don't really like it, what they experienced isn't really love it's more like heat of the moment feelings that's it
MARJORIE obeso
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marjorie-obeso.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by MARJORIE obeso »

Romeo and Juliet are one of the classic books that I had read during my schools days, sometimes one of our subject on classroom we needed to do a play drama with this book and I was flattered that am one of the Juliet, I felt the character and when Romeo do his part of the role play and me I suddenly got cried because the character that it really hurt and pain when our heart be broken because of true love.
Mylene Shane C
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mylene Shane C »

Romeo and Juliet I actually never read it, but I watch it on television. I like the first time I saw it the drama was good. I can say that it is a good story.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I both loathe and love Romeo and Juliet at the same time. I love it because it tackles about more things than a three day love-story, such as sexism, child brides (Juliet was only 13 when she was ought to be married and her mother also was 13 when she got pregnant with Juliet), and women's decisions on what she wants to do with her life (an example of this is Rosaline when she decided to become a nun). If you would look at it in a healthy relationship way (not a three-day love story), how Romeo says his love for Juliet is really romantic for me. Plus, there are lines that were really hilarious and riveting. Those are the reasons why I love Romeo and Juliet. Why I hate it is because of the three-day love story it has for its plot, and how it killed six people (in order: Mercutio, Tybalt, Lady Montague, Paris, Romeo, and Juliet) in the process.
Yasser Gewayfel
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Yasser Gewayfel »

One of the most beautiful and touching love stories is the story of Romeo and Juliet, but the current reality is not completely different from it
Ifedebby
Currently Reading: B-Side
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Ifedebby »

Romeo and Juliet one of my favorite book when I was in secondary school initially i didn't like it because of the ancient language of thee,thou it was difficult for me until I watched the movie that is how I fell in love with the book.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

Romeo and Juliet is just not my kind of book. No doubt the world believes it as a love story, i don't think technically it was a love story. It was just an attraction between two teenager which cost them their peace and their lives.
:tiphat:
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

I don't get tired of reading this book, no matter how many times I read it, I prefer the book to the movie.
Creative_Reader
Currently Reading:

Post by Creative_Reader »

it's not very east to be loyal for everyone but there are few in this world who proves this that real love could make u a both a good and a loyalist person. So in this book it is clearly mentioned that once you fall in love no one can stop you to teaching to your love one even destiny will going to help you and if you are a true lover than history will remember you and you will become a example for the entire world. feel really blessed by reading this book that true love still exists.
Mydustybooks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mydustybooks.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Mydustybooks »

By far one of my favorite Shakespearean play. It really vexes me that Romeo starts the novel lovesick and longing for roselin and just hours later falls for juliet so hard that he marries her and is willing to die for her. It's beautifully written but whenever I analyze it too closely, it all falls apart.
Suleiman Mangi
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Suleiman Mangi »

Romeo and Juliet was the first work of Shakespeare's that I read in school. In this era a love like Romeo and Juliet's is rare to find. It's like a bittersweet symphony
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

Romeo and Juliet from William Shakespeare were one of the books that I read, but there was a lot of death. Because of that, I don't really like that book.
Bridgette C 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgette-c-2.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Bridgette C 2 »

I'm currently reading it. I like the play and there are somewhat issues when people analyze it like how many days Romeo and Juliet's story happened. Romeo and Juliet is a good starting point on appreciating plays and classic works.
Amenrodion
Currently Reading: Fates Sweet Passion
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amenrodion.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Amenrodion »

Unpopular opinion but I think Romeo and Julie is overrated. I think Othello is a more realistic love tragedy.
Etaninyang2017 dave

Post by Etaninyang2017 dave »

Romeo and Juliet is actually one of the best books I have ever read. I had used the book as a reference point to settle two rival families who couldn't allow their son and daughter get married. So much lessons to learn from the book.

Return to “Classic Books”