Animal Farm

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
gigitopa
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Animal Farm

Post by gigitopa »

Personally I found it a pleasant novel to read because of the treated contents that are, unequivocally, of historical nature. I appreciated the fact of telling a historical event as well known as important in the form of an allegorical story with animals as protagonists. The characters in this story are not many and each one is well delineated enough to reflect a given character or piece of history of the Stalinist era. In my opinion, the roles given by Orwell to the various characters fully reflect those to which they refer, including various animals such as sheep and hens that, representing the people, do not dare to oppose the totalitarian regime imparted by the pigs. I appreciated the style as it was simple. The author has left nothing to chance and even if in some points of the story inside the farm something mysterious happens, through the behaviour of some characters it is possible to understand what actually happened, although it is not expressly written. One aspect of the book that I appreciated is that there are not many dialogues but the few that are there help to distinguish the different characters and their ways of behaving and thinking well. The descriptions are accurate and allow the reader to delve well into the story and imagine what is read. I had never read a George Orwell book before, but I was positively impressed. It is a novel that I also recommend to those who are not fond of historical essays because the real events narrated find their correct transposition in a world of animals that carry on a farm.
MustaHarleen
Currently Reading: Warrior of Shadows: The Final Battle
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mustaharleen.html
Latest Review: The Altitude Journals by David J Mauro

Post by MustaHarleen »

I agree with you, this was a great read and always will be. I love the political setting of the book because that describes many governments well.
Jessicappablo

Post by Jessicappablo »

I can ensure that this book was one of the popular, I can see that there is many adventure going on which makes the title a surprisingly thing looking forward. To others for those who haven’t read this book you should try it out, sit back and enjoy 😊
holdenC13
Currently Reading: A Separate Peace
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holdenC13 »

One of the best books I’ve read. A story of the greed and ego of the human and or animals lives. It seems power corrupts as usual.
Nyasha14

Post by Nyasha14 »

I enjoyed this book andThe way it describes the political world
sevencrows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevencrows.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Post by sevencrows »

This is the book that made me sympathise with Leon Trotsky, which is something that I don't think will ever happen again. Orwell creates concepts that to me are bordering unforgettable.
CherylTegan7
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryltegan7.html
Latest Review: Robots and Mad Scientists by James Smith⁰

Post by CherylTegan7 »

I read this book as a freshman in high school and, of course, had to do a report (which didn't go well). The symbolism/allegory was a little lost on me. I liked the book, but didn't get everything out of it that I was supposed to. Should've read spark notes before doing the report, lol!
"Maybe life is just an endless series of rooms with puzzles, and then eventually one of them kills you." Dirk Gently (series 1)
cpena

Post by cpena »

I've read this book a few years ago. I enjoy reading political history and the way Orwell's Animal Farm parallels the past and present political drama is what makes it one of the best books that I've ever read. I'm actually planning on buying and owning a hardcover copy because the one I've read was borrowed from our local library.
JaimeAlfonzo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaimealfonzo.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by JaimeAlfonzo »

i am from Venezuela, and it is amazing how the reality imitated the fiction, it is obvious the but of the book, but it continues to be the true: there are animals more equal than others.
cxsimpson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cxsimpson.html
Latest Review: How to Generate and Earn Royalty Income by Marina Peters

Post by cxsimpson »

There aren't too many classic novels I have been able to get into, but this one was enjoyable for me. I liked being able to see real life issues told in an almost comical way.
tjportugal
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tjportugal.html
Latest Review: Mister Sleepy by Jane Alice

Post by tjportugal »

I read this book many years ago. I'm afraid I don't remember it very well; I remember enjoying it. I think I'll just have to read it again.
To read or not to read? That's not even a question!
Falling4Ever
Currently Reading: Titans
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falling4ever.html
Latest Review: G.E.M.S. by Daphne Valcourt

Post by Falling4Ever »

I read it once, totally clueless about the meaning as I was still young, and then another time for school and all the metaphors clicked and I really understood Orwell’s message. Overall such a good book and definitely deserves a seat as a classic.
HanElizabeth397
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hanelizabeth397.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by HanElizabeth397 »

I read this book many years ago in my first year of secondary school and I think we also acted out a scene in drama but I don't really have much memory of it so I think it's definitely time for a reread
Julie-p
Currently Reading: Demian
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-p.html
Latest Review: Chasing The Red Queen by Karen Glista

Post by Julie-p »

I had to read it for school when I was in 9th grade. I felt like it's meaning was lost to 14-year-olds, it isn't a 'what if animals could talk' it is a satire with deep criticism about humanity, politics and so many aspects of the world. I liked the book back than, but I can appreciate it much more now that I'm older.
kangug24

Post by kangug24 »

The book is very good to read and recommended for the kids. It tells about the society on how to treat animals.

Return to “Classic Books”