Gone With the Wind

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
phoenix
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Re: Gone With the Wind

Post by phoenix »

Gone with the Wind is a wonderful book. It is a timeless narrative that transcends social, political and cultural barriers. I admire Scarlett Ohara's courage and strength. I do not agree with all the decisions she made but that's what makes her a captivating protagonist.
Lgs1089
Favorite Book: The Buried Secrets of Peonies
Currently Reading: Of Illusions and Ink Spills
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lgs1089.html
Latest Review: Long Distance Flyer, G-EBFO. ISBN 978-1-78222-456-3 by Kenneth T Ward
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Lgs1089 »

I loved Gone With The Wind. I think it's commonly mistook for a romance. Rhett and Scarlet are definitely a great part of the story, but the true essence is the history.
L.G. Stewart
"Pour yourself a drink, put on some lipstick, and pull yourself together." :wine:
book worm1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-worm1.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by book worm1 »

I read this book in junior high. I love both the book and the movie. Scarlett is a strong female character, although not necessarily a great role model! She shows that a person can be flawed even when they are strong-willed and determined. She may portray herself as the damsel in distress but she is her own rescuer.
Babyface87
Currently Reading: Robin Williams
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-babyface87.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Babyface87 »

Oh my god, i did not know that gone with the wind was a book as well as a movie :o i have only seen the movie actually but i love it! the stubborn and spoiled girl meeting the determined and grown up man. This story has a ending i never thought i would actually like! but i love it!!
palilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palilogy.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by palilogy »

One of my favorite books and of course the movie too. I went to a special showing in an old theatre in NYC, it was amazing.
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

I still haven't read this book although it's been on my to-read list forever!
Jennifer Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-fernandez.html
Latest Review: The Enemy In Me by Jacob Newell Campbell

Post by Jennifer Fernandez »

I loved how the book is from the southern perspective of the war. All the imagery feels so real though I read somwhere some stuff are very exagerated like the number of deaths and stuff.
Jessica Reehl
Currently Reading: Goodnight Irene
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-reehl.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Jessica Reehl »

I absolutely loved this book in my late teens. When I taught about the Civil war, I always encouraged my students to read this book to understand a little more about the southern perspective.
Connie2018
Favorite Book: precious gifts
Currently Reading: And Never Let Her Go
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Connie2018 »

Gone with the Wind, was such a wonderful story!
I know it's fiction, however, the book gave me such a picture of how the Civil War, was in the South.
It has everything, from love and romance to pain and suffering, making a Classic Book.
Thank you
Connie 2018
AnnaKathleen
Currently Reading: Kill Them All
Bookshelf Size: 1085
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annakathleen.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by AnnaKathleen »

I have never read the book. I have seen the movie and it was hard to sit through, the book would take even longer. Everyone seems to love it, which I expected in this forum, but I'm glad you're explaining why. Because of that I may need to try and read it finally :)
"I became darkness, shadow and wind." - Sarah J. Maas A Court of Mist and Fury
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 963
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

'Gone with the Wind' is no doubt, one of the best books ever written. Spanning over thousand pages, it flawlessly depicts the other side of History. The headstrong beauty, Scarlett O'Hara and the cynical hero, Rhett Butler are two of the most jconic characters till date. Having said that, I have no intention of reading the sequel and spoil my perception about the original characters.
That Bookworm
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by That Bookworm »

Gone with the wind is one of the best books and such a great read. The author makes the imagery feel so real which makes it such a good book. You can truly understand the southern perspective when you read the book.
Jennifer Fernandez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-fernandez.html
Latest Review: The Enemy In Me by Jacob Newell Campbell

Post by Jennifer Fernandez »

I love Gone With The Wind. I fell in love with the book after watching the movie. I love how the book is written by such an unlikable perspective like Scarlet and you see her grow un through the story. .
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. - H.P. Lovecraft :techie-studyinggray:
Debjani Ghosh
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh »

Until I read Gone with the Wind, I had no idea that a thousand page tome could keep a reader spellbound till the end. Margaret Mitchell has woven magic with her words in this novel. The third person narrative does provide an objective view, however, the characters are so compelling, one can't help but flow with the story and experience their trials and tribulations, and their triumphs.
I was mesmerized by the feisty temptress Scarlett O'Hara and her turbulent romance with the dashing and manipulative "hero" Rhett Butler. But I liked Melanie's character the most.
It's a book that has truly stood the test of time and will keep on captivating reader's attention for many more ages to come.
umuobi2000
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by umuobi2000 »

I love the opinions expressed about this book. I have not read the book but I have watched the movie. I will love the book.

Return to “Classic Books”