Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
You must limit each topic thread in this section to only one book or only one series. Make the title of the topic the name of the book, and if possible also include the author's name. If you want to allow spoilers, you must include the word spoilers in the title of the topic, otherwise spoilers are prohibited.
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 07 Dec 2017, 10:12
- 2018 Reading Goal: 50
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 26
- Currently Reading: A Tale of Two Cities
- Bookshelf Size: 49
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oogies.html
- Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles
Now I want to read this book again! When I read Jane Austen it is easy for me to fantasize about being part of that era. When you stop to think about the implications of that you realize just how much a woman with today's standards will stand out in the society back then.
Society really has changed a lot in some aspects when you compare.
- Posts: 8
- Joined: 18 Aug 2018, 13:17
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 2
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-villo.html
- Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
I find that Pride and Prejudice is still very relevant these days. I've just realized how much I can relate to Elizabeth, often surrounded by pure silliness and shallowness, but then because of that given to prejudice. I'd always understood the "pride" part of the title, but now I'm seeing what the "prejudice" begins to mean.
- Posts: 257
- Joined: 17 Sep 2018, 22:06
- Currently Reading: Adrift
- Bookshelf Size: 18
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
- Latest Review: In Pursuit of The Pale Prince by Mark Wallace
Its an amazing book and I am sure you won't regret reading it..the characrets are so real that they wont let you get bored.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 29 Oct 2018, 08:55
- Bookshelf Size: 0
This book is one of my favorites so you will enjoy it!
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 13 May 2015, 18:07
- Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- Bookshelf Size: 10
- fav_author_id: 2563
Its a brilliant book my second favorite Jane Austen novel.
A mistake is simply another way of doing things
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 31 Oct 2018, 18:53
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 4
Definitely my number one classic