Do you believe this book?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2021 Book of the month, "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah
Prodigy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prodigy5.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Re: Do you believe this book?

Post by Prodigy5 »

Although I have not heard of Dr.Ghoulem Berrah, with the points in this book, I am forced to believe.
Amandaruth Ama
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

Success in every area without even a slight setback is not natural. To make this book more uplifting and dramatic to read, I also believe that he ignored such things and only included the positive parts.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

It is true that it might have been how events played out exactly. But like you, I think there's a good likelihood that some of these stories are made up rather than being true.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

There are other real-world characters who are impacted by his story because it is based on a genuine story. Are there any exaggerations possible? Possibly.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

This is a memoir, not historical fiction. Therefore, you cannot tell a story how you want and include whatever details you like. I believe the book is accurate. Dr. Berrah is a well-known public person, thus I doubt that he would jeopardize his standing by publishing lies.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

Sushan Ekanayake wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 11:54
itsrachna wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 08:26 It is obvious that he had exaggerated a few parts of it. If not, I would call him God
You have said a lots of things in a few, yet quite strong words. I agree. For him to have all those things happened in the very best positive way, he should had had some super power than an ordinary human being. For whatever the reason, we have to understand that he have exaggerated the details in this book and maybe he have omitted all the negative and bad things that happened
At least there's facts in what he wrote, I do believe. Therefore, if he does exxagerate, it will be unjust to both the readers and the other characters in the novel if he exaggerates.
Ignesta Ignetius
Currently Reading: A Dream for Peace
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ignesta-ignetius.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Ignesta Ignetius »

I had great respect for Dr. Ghoumen Berrah after reading this book. However, I feel the whole truth wasn't told in this book, they outstanding aspects of his life and accomplishments were described in so much details - some seemed embellished. I feel the 'not-so-good aspects should have been brought to the limelight too, so that readers can draw lessons from them.
IconReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iconreviews.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Picnic Pirates by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by IconReviews »

I have never heard of Dr. Berrah before either. I believe his story is very factual. Although, overtime how we remember events might change and we exaggerate a bit
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

I believe that prejudice is unavoidable, even though we try to compose a book that only includes real events and/or language. As a result, I believe it is likely that not everything in the book is precisely how it happened, and I concur with you that Dr. Berrah may have changed certain details when writing this book.
Ben Madeley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

It's definitely worth considering whether we can take this book at face value, there are plenty of other instances of people embellising their achievements in life.
Sochi Lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sochi-lib.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Sochi Lib »

hat's a great point, and good for you for doing some research. I think the memoir is likely based on truth, but I am sure some parts are made up or embellished to make for a more interesting or controversial story. Perhaps in regards to the disruption of Fidel's speech, the author may have added this in or exaggerated parts. If all of the events happened exactly like the author described them, I think we'd be able to find this information with research.
Ngozi mouau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-mouau.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ngozi mouau »

Approaching the book with a receptive mindset, I sought to gain insights into the authors life and indeed found it. However, I do trust the authenticity of his narrative. While there may have been certain embellishments, it is his prerogative to shape his story according to his own preferences, making it as captivating as he desires.
Clark Pacino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clark-pacino.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Clark Pacino »

Yes, I believe in this book, it makes no sense that anyone will go through the stress of writing a book and lying in it. I also did some research and found out that the author did not lie for once in this book. Kudos to him.

Return to “Discuss "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah”