Overall rating and opinion of "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah

Use this forum to discuss the February 2021 Book of the month, "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah
MayorE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayore.html
Latest Review: Remarkably Intact by Celia Belt

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah

Post by MayorE »

The book is a 4 out of 4 stars for me, the authors life is worthy of emulation. The way he lived his life, his passion, the struggles and how he rose above it all is somthing people would love to learn from
Ruth Naomi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-naomi.html
Latest Review: Peace in the Abyss by Tayo Emmanuel

Post by Ruth Naomi »

Dr. Berrah's life is quite personal and inspirational. His promotion for peace in the Biography was outstanding. There's hope for someone out there who feels low due to his/her living conditions. This is a 4 out of 4 star book!
Ruth Naomi
Currently Reading:

Post by Ruth Naomi »

Justina kaloki wrote: 02 Feb 2021, 04:50 He is a good story teller,its easy to realite his story ,what I like most is fact that he believed his family was one of the best in a small town they lived Happy and with harmony,I would recommend because his story especially his time in jail most can relate and and also learn a lot from him.
His jail time story resonated with me. It was inspiring, yet emotional. A lot of young individuals can learn a lot from this book.
Ruth Naomi
Currently Reading:

Post by Ruth Naomi »

Betty Gitonga wrote: 12 Feb 2021, 05:39 I found this book to be very inspirational. I enjoyed learning about his life, family, accomplishments, career and passions.
I agree with you. I'm yet to find a book written with so much passion and love as Dream For Peace. I liked that he did not shy away from his downfalls; he shared them without sugar coating.
Krishnajee100
Favorite Book: THE STORY OF MY LIFE
Currently Reading: art of war
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krishnajee100.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Krishnajee100 »

An inspirational story which advocates the importance of peace. I liked the biography and some of the quotes in it. Anyone who likes to read biographies will enjoy this book.
Victor Kimathi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-kimathi.html
Latest Review: Let's Help You Self-Help! by Anthony Jacob Braaten

Post by Victor Kimathi »

i would comfortably give this book 3 out of 4 stars. The author brought us through his experiences , his dreams and the process of going through all of them. There is a theme of family as well which greatly spoke to me . And the ingenuity and originality of the material made it such a great read.
Gemjay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gemjay.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Gemjay »

Anyone who enjoys biographies will definitely enjoy this book. The author has done a good job of telling his story. He talks about his family with so much love. He talks about his ups and downs.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Post by Roy Nick »

I liked that Dr. Berrah was able to recount his story without sugarcoating. Especially the jail time story. I'd give it an overrall rating of 3 out of 4 stars.
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:

Post by Roy Nick »

micoleon13 wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 10:50 I enjoyed this book a lot, reading about his life, dreams, his family and learning about how he overcame his struggles. The fact he's such a good storyteller makes the whole book a winner and a great memoir.
Te fact that he's a food story teller made me question some of the sections of the book. Like, were they really true or did Dr. Berrah exaggerate in some parts? All in all the book was greatly authored.
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:

Post by Roy Nick »

Barbie_sidhu wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 01:05 The book is a very astounding read. The author did so much in life; from marrying three times to knowing great personalities and touring the world, each phase of his story is worth admiring. When I first saw the cover of the book, I was skeptical. But when I read it, I couldn't get enough. I deserves a full star rating. A great memoir.
I think people who doubt that dreams are achievable should read this publication. I was immersed from the beginning to the end.
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:

Post by Roy Nick »

Chigo Nwagboso wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 17:09 Personally, I'd rate it 4 out of 4 stars because of the nuggets in its content. The life of Dr. Ghoulem is worthy of emulation. He's an advocate for peace, an achiever and lots more. I believe people will learn a lot by following his footsteps.
Dr. Berrah's book was written so well, that I did not detect any errors. The punctuation was on point! His failures and achievements are worth noting.
Ebubechinwaogazie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebubechinwaogazie.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ebubechinwaogazie »

This is an inspiring one for me. I love the fact that he is so proud of his family. The successes and accomplishments enhanced my enjoyment of the book.
ALRE SYD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alre-syd.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by ALRE SYD »

The book is about the struggles and success experienced by person taking part in the fight for independence from colonialists. His thoughts and actions elaborated from his point of view. I love that he takes us to heart of actual difficulties and victories. The mixture of emotions stirred inside of me is what I hated the most. I recommend this story to those who are vying for political revolutions and working towards becoming successful in their careers.
Precious Naiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-naiti.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Precious Naiti »

Biographies have never really tickled my fancy but this book is a cut above the rest. Sometimes you almost forget you are reading a real life account of events as you get lost and mesmerized by the story. I loved the book, especially the moral aspect of it.
Parahiyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-parahiyo.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by Parahiyo »

He clearly covered every aspect of his life which is fascinating and inspiring. He had great achievements in life. I would recommend this book to everyone.

Return to “Discuss "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah”