Overall rating and opinion of "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah

Use this forum to discuss the February 2021 Book of the month, "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Park Cherri »

This book is an inspiring one to me. I learned a lot from the author. He believes there’s something he could do to effect a change and he did just that.
Bef Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

I think that this book was near perfect with the bulkiness being the only drawback. However, this book deserves nothing short of a full rating.
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

It is an uplifting book. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Dr. Ghoulem was a wonderful person. He is really an all rounder. I liked how he wants to keep the peace. This is good book that inspires the readers in many ways.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

I am in awe of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's open-mindedness, dedication to making Africa better, and commitment to achieving a free Algeria. His story is inspiring and I admire his persistence in the face of adversity. I was impressed by the detail in the book and the images that made the reading experience more enjoyable. I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars, and I would recommend it to readers who enjoy biographies and autobiographies, as well as those who are interested in politics.
E Daves
Currently Reading:

Post by E Daves »

Barbie_sidhu wrote: 16 Feb 2021, 01:05 The book is a very astounding read. The author did so much in life; from marrying three times to knowing great personalities and touring the world, each phase of his story is worth admiring. When I first saw the cover of the book, I was skeptical. But when I read it, I couldn't get enough. I deserves a full star rating. A great memoir.
Sincerely, the book deserves a full star rating. I'm very impressed by the sort of life Dr. Berrah led. I particularly loved his relationship with his Mom. Like the way she knows things about him that he hasn't even talked to her about. Such is the powerful instinct of a living mother.
E Daves
Currently Reading:

Post by E Daves »

Jenniferg_1105 wrote: 20 Feb 2021, 23:59 I enjoyed this book. This man led a very interesting life. His dedication to his cause was admirable. Even spending time in prison did not stop this ambitious man from trying to achieve his dream for peace. He is inspiring and sends a strong message of never giving up on your dreams.
One thing about great men like Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is that when they set their minds to do things for their countries, no form of suffering, pain, threat, danger, or stumbling block will stop them. I admire Dr. Berrah a lot, and will gladly recommend the book to anyone.
E Daves
Currently Reading:

Post by E Daves »

Wamakima wrote: 22 Feb 2021, 15:11 I rated the book 3 out of 4 stars, because part of me felt like that it wasn't possible for a person to be so successful and achieve so much.
I really understand your point, especially as the book is an autobiography. It is not something impossible for authors to try to fine tune the things they did for the story to sound interesting and for them to look like the heros. However, I do believe Dr. Berrah because he provided proofs with images.
E Daves
Currently Reading:

Post by E Daves »

lavkathleen wrote: 23 Feb 2021, 02:19
Fleurine_t92 wrote: 13 Feb 2021, 01:27 The author know how to show off his past, struggles and strengths he got. This is the nice book. But only I couldn't put in mind to read to understand and trying to find the error. In that case, reading other professions I didn't know is hard for me and the story was being some kind of boring to me. I like some quotes inside this book. Finding the peace as his title said wasn't easy to get in real life. In myanmar, we trying hard to get it but it still far away from us. The book make me ashamed of myself because I felt I didn't make a move enough to get it.
It got boring for me, too. I struggled to finish reading this book.

I'm from the Philippines and we're far from peace, too. I understand the feeling of shame but it helps! It helps you push yourself to be a better person for the country, especially now that you've learned a lot of things from Dr. Berrah.
Sometimes, I wonder why the whole world cannot be peaceful. Why colonize other people? And while at it, why treat them like nonhumans and make them second class citizens in their homes? I was elated to read about the life of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah and what he did for the freedom of his country Algeria. I hope that every that doesn't have peace at the moment will get someone to stand up for them and say "enough is enough."
E Daves
Currently Reading:

Post by E Daves »

Alice Ngugi wrote: 24 Feb 2021, 00:44 An unexamined life is not worth living indeed rings true with this book. Having gone through what he went through, I believe finding peace was a very fitting title for the book. An absolutely wonderful 4 stars book.
That's what I think too! The title was so befitting for the book. I was in awe of the book. Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's approach toward many people of different religions is something that stood out most for me. I respect him a lot for that.
E Daves
Currently Reading:

Post by E Daves »

Victor Jerry- wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 23:13 I rate it 4 out of 4 stars because I believe the author has done a great job in telling his past to us. There's a lot to learn from his story but I really enjoyed the added quotes in the book. I was really inspired about his accomplishments, career and how he handled his family. I look up to the author as I will try to emulate his ways.
I will admit that the quotes in the book were one of the reasons I enjoyed the book so much. The book was well structured. He started from his humble beginnings, telling about his origin, then the book progressed. His accomplishments inspire me too. His major breakthrough in the field of science was notable too.
E Daves
Currently Reading:

Post by E Daves »

Naaya123 wrote: 28 Feb 2021, 15:24 Honestly, this was a pretty inspirational book. I enjoyed learning about his struggles, passions, and life.
If anyone doesn't get inspired after reading this book about the life of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah, I don't know what will inspire them. He went through a lot in life to make sure that he makes a difference for his dear country Algeria and her citizens. Dr. Berrah's life story needs to be read by many.
E Daves
Currently Reading:

Post by E Daves »

I was so excited to read this book! Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's open-mindedness and dedication to making Africa a better place is inspiring. His persistence in his studies and his struggle for a free Algeria is admirable. I love that the author included images in the book, as it makes the reading experience more enjoyable.
E Daves
Currently Reading:

Post by E Daves »

Mr Excellence wrote: 16 Oct 2022, 22:14 I think if everyone can patriotic,and resilient like Dr. Berrah, the world would be a better place.
I will rate it 4 stars out of 4.
Very true! Everything we do should be geared towards the wellbeing and development of humans. That is what civilization is all about. At least, that was what brought about civilization. I don't understand why humans are now doing things to make the lives of other humans difficult. If everyone can be as selfless as Dr. Berrah, the world will sure be a better place.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

samps1910 wrote: 06 Feb 2021, 02:30 I find that this book is overall a very inspiring work. His struggle and his hard work as an activist really opened my mind and this is what I like about the book. There's nothing I dislike about it. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys biographies. This is a pleasant read!
The struggle and triumph of those who participated in the war for colonial independence are the subjects of the book. His perspective was elaborated in his thoughts and deeds. I adore how he humanizes real struggles and triumphs .
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

Jenniferg_1105 wrote: 07 Feb 2021, 18:34 I do not usually read biographies but A Dream for Peace is a very good an inspiring story. I love the unwavering quest for equality and peace in this story. The love and respect for family portrayed in this book is admirable.
I've never been very interested in biographies, but this book stands out from the other ones I've read previously. The story might sometimes draw you in and make you forget that you are reading a true description of events. I really enjoyed the book, especially how moral it was.

Return to “Discuss "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah”