The Walker on the Cape

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mcorley
Favorite Author: Jean M. Auel
Favorite Book: The Clan of the Cave Bear
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mcorley.html
Latest Review: "The Walker on the Cape" by Mike Martin
fav_author_id: 3709

The Walker on the Cape

Post by mcorley »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Walker on the Cape" by Mike Martin.]
Book Cover for 9781621418498
Share This Review

The Walker on the Cape overall was a good book. It is a murder mystery about a man who walks on the cape every day and suddenly dies. It is up to the local sergeant in the small town to take over the investigation and find out who killed this man. Of course, he runs into some problems and there is a plot twist towards the end of the book.

Mike Martin is the author of The Walker on the Cape and he does a marvelous job of writing this fiction novel.

Sergeant Winston Windflower is put in charge of Elias Martin’s death. Elias Martin walked up and down the cape every day until one day he does not come back. He is found dead along the trail later that day. Sergeant Windflower takes over the investigation with his side-kick constable, Eddie Tizzard. Together, and with the help of the local Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) they find out who the murderer is, along with some other interesting things. There is of course a lighter side of the novel… Sergeant Windflower’s love life with local coffee shop owner, Sheila.

I thought this novel was well written, and overall a good book. Typically I do not like murder mystery books, but this one kept me interested and involved. The writing sometimes was very “cheesy” or “corny” at some parts of the book. Other than that, I thought that the book was good. I gave it a 3 out 4 stars because I did not think it was an excellent book, but I did like it. I would recommend to other people as well.

Mike Martin did a wonderful job putting together and writing this novel and he developed the characters very well. The Walker on the Cape was a good book that many people would enjoy.

Buy "The Walker on the Cape" on Amazon
Buy "The Walker on the Cape" on Barnes and Noble
Latest Review: "The Walker on the Cape" by Mike Martin
mike54
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mike54 »

As an author it is refreshing to receive an honest review by someone who actually read the book!! Certainly my ego would have preferred a 4 star rating but I appreciate the thought and thinking of the reviewer and I accept her judgement. Writers can only hope that people will read their book and both like and enjoy it... and that they will recommend it to others. This review has succeeded in all these areas and I thank the reviewer for taking the time to read my book and comment on it favourably.
Mike Martin
Author, The Walker on the Cape

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”