The Ending

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Gbemisola Akinremi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35

Re: The Ending

Post by Gbemisola Akinremi »

I actually wanted to feel disappointed but I could feel his pain and maybe frustration on how Regina ended, to think what she created couldn't save her, he must have felt it's useless keeping it. I however was sad and disappointed of how Regina's life ended suddenly. Maybe, just maybe Ron didn't want the dangerous equipment being the cause of another's death, plus if Regina couldn't sustain her life to maintain the equipment, he may never be able to.
Miranda King
Currently Reading: Hunted
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miranda-king.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Miranda King »

I had mixed feelings about the ending and how it was all wrapped up in a nice bow after how much had occurred in the book.

Regina's choice seemed so sudden and for the reader out of the blue.

Ron disassembling everything seemed anti climatic.

Shelia's phone call and meeting seemed rushed.

Overall the ending felt rushed.
Maggie Johnson 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggie-johnson-2.html
Latest Review: Graham's Folly by Miguel Gutierrez

Post by Maggie Johnson 2 »

I was not impressed by the ending. It seemed like the story had been building up, then it just dropped off. I can understand why Ron destroyed the equipment, but it felt very anticlimactic.
Asja Šabani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asja-sabani.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Asja Šabani »

Ron was protecting Regina's legacy. He wanted to prevent it from coming into the wrong hands or being disgraced in any way, shape, or form. However, I do not believe that Regina's findings are lost. The proof of that is the girl at the end of the novel. This is not explicable by pure logic, but it doesn't have to be because it is a fantasy novel.
Fajarr
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fajarr.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Fajarr »

I was disappointed at some point. I felt like Regina died pretty quickly. I was expecting more of Devries' plans toward her. About the machine, kind of disappointed because Regina worked hard to create it. Kind of relieved as well, because that's a dangerous machine at the same time.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nicky Rita »

I enjoyed the conclusion. I believe Ron was justified in breaking the equipment after witnessing what happened to Regina. But he got her main idea and, in a sense, followed her steps.
Cat pill35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cat-pill35.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Cat pill35 »

I thought the conclusion was a little disappointing and anticlimactic. It didn't seem to make sense for Ron's character that he didn't try to carry on the time travel experiments. Ron ought to have done everything in his power to continue Regina's legacy and work, in my opinion.
NutellaBanana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nutellabanana.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by NutellaBanana »

The ending was a bit lacklustre, I felt the author should've provided more explanation for both Ron and Regina's character.
Ngozi mouau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-mouau.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ngozi mouau »

I found the ending satisfying. It seemed logical for Ron to destroy the equipment after witnessing the consequences experienced by Regina. However, he grasped her underlying message and chose to follow in her footsteps. Overall, I was genuinely pleased with how the story concluded.

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”