Shipping time!

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Jeanninegarfield
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanninegarfield.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Re: Shipping time!

Post by Jeanninegarfield »

I wanted Ron to be with Regina. I thought there would be a big reveal that they figured out how to travel through time and that is why Regina focused on Ron from the beginning. I hoped that Regina mentored Ron for a reason and that they were meant to be in a different time together, when he was older and she was younger than when we are first introduced to them. I was disappointed that Ron was never with Regina in that way.
Noelle770
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noelle770.html
Latest Review: The Tattered Black Book by Lexy Duck

Post by Noelle770 »

megan433 wrote: 08 Nov 2020, 21:09 While I think that it was possible for Regina to end up with Ron, I felt that their relationship was more of a mother-son one. I honestly would have like Ron to end up with Cheryl or Louise. I think Cheryl provided him a stable relationship and someone that he can rely on, and that's what Ron needs especially after Regina's death. While I don't think that Louise is the type who would want to be in a monogamous relationship, I absolutely loved their realtionship with each other and would have loved to see more of it.
I also think Louise would have been a good one for Ron to end with. I feel like they both had off beat passions and worked well together. However I also agree Louise is not the type that would like to be tied to one person
Foluso Falaye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-foluso-falaye.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Foluso Falaye »

jhnews wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 20:55 I think that Regina should have given him more...herself. She literally shaped his whole life, and then dumps him with nothing to show for their entire lives together besides a building to manage and a dude ranch to oversee.
I believe things can be appreciated for the moments they exist regardless of if they leave anything to be remembered by. I also believe any of the relationships could be appreciated for the time they existed and the fact that they didn't extend longer does not take away from their worth.
EReid
Currently Reading: Dune Novel
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ereid.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by EReid »

I think it would have been wierd for Regina and Ron to have a romantic relationship due to their sixteen year age gap. I'm glad they didn't.

I wish Ron and Sheila had stayed together, mostly because I really liked Sheila and wished she had been in the story more.
I wish you a kinder sea --Emily Dickinson
athurst123
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athurst123.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by athurst123 »

I say Regina. From the beginning, he always had a soft spot for her and it just made sense. They had a lot in common, they got along, and they had great communication with one another and always found the best in each other.
britcott30
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Hello, My Love
Currently Reading: The Overdue Life of Amy Byler
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britcott30.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by britcott30 »

Really, Ron has to spend time alone with himself first before he end up with one of those girls....
Gabriella H
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: A Man Who Would Be King
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella-h.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Gabriella H »

Well, I like the relationship he had with Regina. She was a strong support system for him, and she helped him turn his life around. I sometimes hoped they would end up together, but I was shocked when I read she was in her fifties later on in the book. I didn't know the age gap was that much.

Even though I sometimes shipped them, I feel the relationship they ended up having was quite alright. It was pure love. She genuinely cared for him and invested in his life. Sheila could've been a good option, but they wouldn't have lasted. I don't think there was anyone he could've remained with. When he met the different women, he wasn't really sure what he wanted for himself, and they all seemed to have pretty good ideas of where they were going and what they wanted to do.
Fajarr
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fajarr.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Fajarr »

Louise was quite possibly the most suitable one for Ron, being rather fun-loving and easy-going, but none of the relationships seemed entirely "right" for him, with Louise's sense of restlessness, Sheila's need to control aspects of the relationship, and Regina's teacher-student relationship dynamic (which in my opinion makes it inappropriate for them to have a romantic interlude, and I'm glad they didn't).
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nicky Rita »

If Regina wasn't dying, I'd say. She should have desired more from her relationship with Ron.
Cat pill35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cat-pill35.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Cat pill35 »

To me, I wanted Ron to end up with Regina . No matter the age. The scenes of both them gave me butterflies.
NutellaBanana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nutellabanana.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by NutellaBanana »

I would have loved to see him end up with Regina because I do feel that they could learn a lot from each other and she is that motivation that he needs.
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

with her.... I mean, they're generations apart!
I totally agree. I felt that if there relationship had become physical, I wouldn't have been a fan. It would have completely changed my image of Regina and just made the book 'icky'. I can't think of a better descriptive word to describe the feeling. There were too many stalker type descriptions in the beginning anyway that made me wonder about ulterior motives.
Ngozi mouau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-mouau.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ngozi mouau »

Although I believe there was a possibility for Regina and Ron to form a romantic relationship, I perceived their connection as more akin to that of a mother and son. Personally, I would have preferred to see Ron end up with Cheryl or Louise. Cheryl seemed to offer him stability and reliability, which is what Ron needs, particularly following Regina's passing. As for Louise, while I don't envision them desiring a monogamous relationship, I thoroughly enjoyed their dynamic and the bond they shared. I would have greatly appreciated witnessing additional/exploring further/seeing more of.

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”