Timewise by Robert Leet: Who is your Favourite Character and Why?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Re: Timewise by Robert Leet: Who is your Favourite Character and Why?

Post by lavkathleen »

diana lowery wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 08:51 My favorite character was Louise. Maybe it was because he/she was more involved in the romantic plot and not in the scientific discussions. I enjoyed his/her underground explorations and the descriptions of his/her unorthodox lifestyle.
I love her character, too! She sort of gave me a break from all the scientific discussions with her personality and interests. Her underground adventures are really something else; I haven't read anything like that.

Anyway, her pronouns are she and her—it was he and him at first but when she came out as a woman, it was switched to she/her. :D
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
Iris Marsh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iris-marsh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Iris Marsh »

Regina was definitely fascinating. As was mentioned, it's great to have a female scientist as a character, especially as bright and creative as Regina was.
But my favorite character was definitely Louise. I wish he/she was mentioned more and perhaps developed a bit further. I loved her quirkiness and fascination with underground spaces. It's great to be passionate about something.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

Iris Marsh wrote: 12 Nov 2020, 11:22 Regina was definitely fascinating. As was mentioned, it's great to have a female scientist as a character, especially as bright and creative as Regina was.
But my favorite character was definitely Louise. I wish he/she was mentioned more and perhaps developed a bit further. I loved her quirkiness and fascination with underground spaces. It's great to be passionate about something.
The beauty of Timewise is that Robert Leet showcases different personalities and perspectives through Ron, Regina and Louise. I chose the three because they represent the majority of people out there. Some seek acceptance, others suffer self-denial, and others like Louise hope they can be accepted as they are. I thought deep about why she/he had studied the tunnels and what had pushed her to risk visiting such places. And though it's not clear from the book, Robert revealed that everyone is unique in a their own way.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

Personally, it would not be easy for me to decide on a single character as the favourite one; there are several interesting characters including Regina. Regina, however, is quite a strong character and even I really liked the way she boldly handled DeVries.
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
booklover69101
Currently Reading: Undone
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by booklover69101 »

I will play devils advocate today, I liked Sheila the best! All characters were great and contributed to Ron's life one way or another. But something about Sheila's ambition and confidence that I loved her for! While I don't agree with dropping him like she did, he also gave her reason to as well. But her encouragement for him, the confidence to take over her father's company and the way she loved to have fun, were all parts of why I loved her and wanted to see them work it out!
charlenecraig
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crcraig.html
Latest Review: The Guardians of Erum and the Calamitous Child of Socotra by A Ali Hasan Ali

Post by charlenecraig »

Regina. She is so patient in explaining things to Ron. She even goes back over basics for him so he can understand.
Khindrid_sol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-khindrid-sol.html
Latest Review: Tujunga by Carlos Alvarado

Post by Khindrid_sol »

The character development in this book made me feel so much for the characters, however I really respected Sheryl and her small but vital part in the story. Her nature walks and spiritual talks with Ron both healed and inspired him to keep going. I also love her 'wild woman' side that we often don't receive in mainstream media.
Nedbrian
Currently Reading: Into the Hand of a Woman
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nedbrian.html
Latest Review: Different Family Structures by Mildred Stallworth

Post by Nedbrian »

Regina's character is endearing. I mean she influenced the life of Ron. Guess that's why everyone loves her
Nwaogazie Goodness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaogazie-goodness.html
Latest Review: The Harlem Story by Danny Holst

Post by Nwaogazie Goodness »

Contrary to popular opinion, I admired what Cheryl represented. Even though she wasn't explored in detail. I just loved her wildness laced with intelligence. And she's career-oriented.
Joan642
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joan642.html
Latest Review: Inspirations by Colleen by Colleen Bruce

Post by Joan642 »

I think my favorite character would be Regina. I feel she had be a lot of impact in Ron's life.
Vine Michael
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vine-michael.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Vine Michael »

I too love Regina. I loved how creative and spontaneous she was. She was the kind of woman I wish to be.
Jennifer Aldo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-aldo.html
Latest Review: War Tower by Joseph Leo DeCelle

Post by Jennifer Aldo »

It's definitely Regina. She's a philanthropist with the way she helped Ron.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

I would have to say that Regina was also my favorite character. She was obviously very intelligent, being a physics professor, but she was also extremely caring. She completely turned Ron’s life around and even paid for his education.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

Julehart1 wrote: 26 Nov 2020, 03:20 I would have to say that Regina was also my favorite character. She was obviously very intelligent, being a physics professor, but she was also extremely caring. She completely turned Ron’s life around and even paid for his education.
Regina is the best, she is patient enough to learn and study Ron. She is hopeful and kind to sponsor him in schooling. She's a good mentor who chooses not to offer Ron an easy path to receive a stipend. So, in the process of yearning for the stipend, Ron discovers himself and the potential he has. Regina is also responsible for leading the physics topics.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
kalgaonkarsnehal
Favorite Author: Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Favorite Book: Wish You Well
Currently Reading: Connect the Dots
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalgaonkarsnehal.html
Latest Review: Effective R.U.L.E. by satish shitut
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 15638

Post by kalgaonkarsnehal »

My favorite character was Louise. She was an original. I would've liked to read more about her. The fact that she goes exploring unchartered waters(sometimes literally), and continues to do so after many years. I think made the story richer and fuller. I liked Regina's character as well, but I wish there was a little more mystery or rather a better explanation for her behavior in the book. She was too theoretical to love or hate.
“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.” ― Isaac Asimov :techie-studyinggray: :D

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”