Is Timewise the Perfect Title?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Wy_Bertram
Favorite Book: 1984
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 121
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wy-bertram.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Re: Is Timewise the Perfect Title?

Post by Wy_Bertram »

The title was unique enough to get my attention and vague enough to lead to interesting assumptions. I think it works.
Cwaganagwa Dorothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwaganagwa-dorothy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Cwaganagwa Dorothy »

Yes and No. Yes, it shows that if you wisely use your time like Cheryl, you will achieve what you want. If you take what you have for granted, as time passes, you keep at the disadvantageous side of your own story like Ron. That is to say, the actor of the movie died at the end of, or during the course of, the story, without achieving his ambition. No, when I saw the cover, I thought, the story maybe about time travel or a scientific expedition, which was not the case.It is a 50/50 for me.
ankushavhad
Favorite Book: Gardening With Guns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ankushavhad.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by ankushavhad »

Yes, the title “Timewise” is appropriate to the theme based on Science (physics) background. It implies the scientific concept of time. Of course, the sci-fi turn to the story is the art of the novel writer’s concepts.
Guda Lydia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-guda-lydia.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Guda Lydia »

I believe the title is appealing and captivating enough, it draws one to the book. 'Time' is always such an intriguing word, and so the title has so many different interpretations. It is a befitting title in my opinion.
Sararob06
Currently Reading: Anna Karenina
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sararob06.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Sararob06 »

I found the title and the cover art to be perfect for the book. I think the cover was intriguing and it definitely had a sci-fi feel. I think the title is appropriate because of the focus on trying to understand time in a different way than we know it.
jokinyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jokinyo.html
Latest Review: The Arrow That Flies By Day by John Servant

Post by jokinyo »

It is good but it could be a three word sentence cold be perfect. I mean it is too short and doesn't explain more about what is inside the book.
Aisha_123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-123.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Aisha_123 »

Timewise is definitely not an appropriate title. It did not go well with the plot which was also confusing. The main character is Ron, yet, there is also a focus on Regina and her time machine. Perhaps, there can be two plots in one(if this is possible). But, I do not see the likelihood. 'Timewise' would have been a better title if the main character and focus was on Regina and her time machine.
Lucille27
Favorite Book: The Haunting of the Hill House
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucille27.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Lucille27 »

I don't believe this was the best title. I agree with you. I found the ending of the book a bit disappointing, given all the emphasis that was made, throughout the story, in time and the possibility of time travelling. However, it was just about, spoiler, money and economics. They found a great discovery, but they couldn't push it forward within the rules of the world. Also, there is not a real character development in Ron. So I don't think he is time wise. I think maybe another title or to go more in depth with this would have been better.
dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by dianaterrado »

I don't know. Personally, I actually liked the title. It sounds catchy and science-y. It doesn't reveal quite as much about what the book is actually about but I find that book titles rarely ever mean what one thinks it means.
"We should all have something to be weirdly passionate about."
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by Goodness C N »

Timewise is the perfect title because it instigates suspense since a reader cannot easily decipher what exactly such title stands for.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 518
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: Supercharge Your Production with 5 Time Management Hacks by Lucy Ledet

Post by Mutai Marshal »

The title seemed befitting to me. The resonating mantra was "awareness creates time." Again Ron could study and evaluate future stocks using the time machine. I totally found the title quite intriguing
Daisy Deeh
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey
Bookshelf Size: 109

Post by Daisy Deeh »

Timewise suits it perfectly well, i mean it's captivating and mind blowing
EReid
Currently Reading: Dune Novel
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ereid.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by EReid »

I think the title is a good fit for the book because I found the book to mostly focus on the science of time. It could be more catchy and appealing, I think, but I can't think of a specific suggestion.
I wish you a kinder sea --Emily Dickinson
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

Timewise is just on point, considering the book is mostly about changing past actions, whether or not we would consider the option.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
Chizioboli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chizioboli »

I thought the book was about time travel and how it happens when I first saw it. Also the cover had the same feel it gave off. So I was really disappointed to realize the book was more of a fiction than how to achieve time travel. So I wouldn't call the title appropriate

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”