Is Timewise the Perfect Title?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Re: Is Timewise the Perfect Title?

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 01 Nov 2020, 12:16
RHD wrote: 01 Nov 2020, 04:41 I think the title is just right. It's catchy and unrevealing. If anything had to change, perhaps add a word or phrase to it, but Timewise is close to perfect.
I agree with the unrevealing aspect of it. Before I could start reading the book, I had a couple of assumptions on what it was about. I believe that is part of the reason I chose to read the sample and finally the entire book.
Even I also feel that the title 'Timewise' is unrevealing; in my opinion, it is quite suitable for a story like this that has a side to it that deals with future prediction.
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

lavkathleen wrote: 02 Nov 2020, 00:02 Oh, that's debatable. When I first read the title, I thought it was going to be about the main character gaining knowledge about time and how that was going to change them and their perspective. When I finished reading the book, though, I don't think that was its objective? That objective ended with Regina, and Ron continued his life without her and their project. The title is catchy and fits a little, but it could get better.
I also feel that the title may have been a little more catchy, however, the title is ok and seems nice in combination with the illustration.
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

The story is about time. Actually about travelling through the time, though the travel is not physical. So I think the title is suitable
Sushan Ekanayake
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now

Stephanie Elizabeth wrote: 01 Nov 2020, 19:58 I actually really like the title! I think the cover page and the title make for an intriguing combination. In my personal opinion, having time in the title is fitting because of the focus on the theory of time.
Yes, though there is a storyline apart from time travelling, the main theme of the book is about quantum physics and time travelling. So the title is suitable
Sushan Ekanayake

lavkathleen wrote: 02 Nov 2020, 00:02 Oh, that's debatable. When I first read the title, I thought it was going to be about the main character gaining knowledge about time and how that was going to change them and their perspective. When I finished reading the book, though, I don't think that was its objective? That objective ended with Regina, and Ron continued his life without her and their project. The title is catchy and fits a little, but it could get better.
I don't think that a title has to be fitting for the whole book. Here it is related to the essence of the book, though the rest of the storyline seems nothing to do with the title. So I think that the title is okay despite it is not about only time at the end of the book
Sushan Ekanayake

houligan19 wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 21:32 I thought it was a perfect title. One of the main science ideas was about time and how it affects us, but isn't "real". Ron spent quite a bit of time learning about time as well, therefore becoming "timewise."
That is a perfect way of thinking. Time makes you wise. The life has to be considered the events that happen timewise. The main character Ron gets wiser through time and the main theme of the story is about time. So the title is fitting
Sushan Ekanayake

Kelyn wrote: 03 Nov 2020, 23:50 I agree that the title is unrevealing. As I like for covers/titles to reveal a hint of what the book will be about, it seems apt. What I like most, though, is that it can be interpreted in different ways depending on who sees it and what their background is! I, for instance, immediately associated it with sci-fi. Others, however, seem to have connected it to physics theory. It's all in the perspective. I think the author did well in choosing it.
Yes, it can be taken in any way. Regina did not have much time, though she tried to see the time in the future. Ron had time to get involved in multiple life stages and become a wise person. Though the title does not reveal anything, after reading the book you can find many ways of that being a fitting and suitable title
Sushan Ekanayake

Mmg8464 wrote: 18 Nov 2020, 09:08 I liked the title. Immediately, I knew it was about time travel and physics. It also has mystery and will make us think.
I don't know whether the title was that much revealing. Yet I have to agree that it was catchy and along with the cover page it was really attractive. So the title is suitable as well
Sushan Ekanayake

valeriejane wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 19:33 Timewise is not the best title. More than half the book was about awareness creates time. I would have titled the book Awareness creates time. In fact, I was halfway through wondering where the science fiction time traveling would start.
Quite a different thought. Yes you are correct. Time travelling was not the everything that the book was about. But that was the essence and I think the book title was more targeted on that rather than trying to grab the whole book
RachelEmmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachelemmanuel.html
Latest Review: Daddy’s Baby Mama’s Maybe by Come Lamore
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by RachelEmmanuel »

I like the title. It's catchy and draws in exactly the kind of readers that would enjoy this book.
1 Cor 15: 19-20, 26 If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.
But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead...The last enemy to be destroyed is death.
Moocow1213
Currently Reading: Empath Ebook
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moocow1213.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Moocow1213 »

I believe that the title of the book, is both ‘catchy’ and pulls the reader in.
So no I don’t think the title could be different.
Student, book obsessed and a spiritual individual
'Trust the process'
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

cydnas wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 10:01 The title is a bit ambiguous but I really like it. It's short and simple and after reading the book, it can be interpreted several ways. That's why I think the title Timewise is a bit magical and near perfect.
It is always better for an author to leave a gap for the reader's imagination. Robert Leet achieved to do this with the title of this book. As mentioned, it's short and unrevealing, yet comprehensive and creative.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Sushan Ekanayake

Kirsi_78 wrote: 21 Nov 2020, 01:59 Finding a perfect title for any book is a very challenging job. I think Timewise is a good title, it doesn’t tell too much about the content but arouses the interest. It is also short enough for marketing purposes.
Indeed it is difficult to find the perfect title for a book. And it has to be kept short enough for marketing purposes as well. Since this one is a short as well as an intriguing title, it suits the book
Sushan Ekanayake

cydnas wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 10:01 The title is a bit ambiguous but I really like it. It's short and simple and after reading the book, it can be interpreted several ways. That's why I think the title Timewise is a bit magical and near perfect.
Yes, at the beginning the title reveals almost nothing. But after reading the book the title can be interpreted in many ways as you wish. So it is a good title and certainly matching the content of the book
Sushan Ekanayake

Nicolene75 wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 23:57 Oh, I actually agree with you! The title (and even the whole "point" of the book) is actually a relatively short section of the book. I cannot think of a more appropriate title but Timewise would definitely not be it.
It is true that the title grabs only a part of the book and there is many more in the book. But when thinking a bit deeper, time is the essence of the book. So Timewise is rather a more suitable title

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”